Page 107 of 109 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1085

Thread: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    I will be 50 ������
    I'll be right behind ya.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm just baffled why anyone gives a FUCK about the payout. Quit your bitching and moaning. We're about to go on a Pac 12 road tour.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    I'm just baffled why anyone gives a FUCK about the payout. Quit your bitching and moaning. We're about to go on a Pac 12 road tour.
    Because athletic departments run on money and it looks like a bad deal.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Because athletic departments run on money and it looks like a bad deal.
    Again I ask, where are the other FBS programs offering us 7 figure checks?

Anyone? Beuller? Baylor? Did Baylor offer us a cool 3 mil to stroll on down to Waco and beat their asses? If this is a bad deal, where's the good deal? Because from where I'm sitting, we just turned a zero dollar, or a payout to Mississippi Valley State Junior College for the Siblings of the Blind Orphans into 675k.

Again I ask, where are the other FBS programs offering us 7 figure checks?

Anyone? Beuller? Baylor? Did Baylor offer us a cool 3 mil to stroll on down to Waco and beat their asses? If this is a bad deal, where's the good deal? Because from where I'm sitting, we just turned a zero dollar, or a payout to Mississippi Valley State Junior College for the Siblings of the Blind Orphans into 675k.
    this is pretty simple. It was 650 last year now it’s 675 7 years from now. You don’t need to do a sophisticated time value of money calculation to conclude that seems like a bad deal.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    this is pretty simple. It was 650 last year now it’s 675 7 years from now. You don’t need to do a sophisticated time value of money calculation to conclude that seems like a bad deal.
    I may just be a simple farmer, but to my eye 675,000 dollars looks like more than zero point zero.

One thing farming teaches you that accounting doesn't. Sometimes there are only shit deals. You can pout, take your ball and go home, or you can take the best course available and do what can be done. I've studied inflation trends and TVOM tables. Nowhere in those charts is a silver bullet to create something out of nothing.

Now for the third time. Where is this better deal? Are you referring to the 650k from Oregon last year? Because that's gone. Gone like dust in the wind. It's not coming back. Using it as a standard of measure is not just silly, it's retarded.

What is the best option available? Take that option. End of discussion. You think Florida State became a national powerhouse by turning down offers to play? We play anyone, anywhere. Period.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I may just be a simple farmer, but to my eye 675,000 dollars looks like more than zero point zero.

One thing farming teaches you that accounting doesn't. Sometimes there are only shit deals. You can pout, take your ball and go home, or you can take the best course available and do what can be done. I've studied inflation trends and TVOM tables. Nowhere in those charts is a silver bullet to create something out of nothing.

Now for the third time. Where is this better deal? Are you referring to the 650k from Oregon last year? Because that's gone. Gone like dust in the wind. It's not coming back. Using it as a standard of measure is not just silly, it's retarded.

What is the best option available? Take that option. End of discussion. You think Florida State became a national powerhouse by turning down offers to play? We play anyone, anywhere. Period.
    Bam. I'd rather we took cost of travel and played better fbs teams than not have fbs games. Give us a chance to play wisconsin, either michigan or Michigan State. Hell yeah. We'd travel in herds to those games

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Bam. I'd rather we took cost of travel and played better fbs teams than not have fbs games. Give us a chance to play wisconsin, either michigan or Michigan State. Hell yeah. We'd travel in herds to those games
    Michigan wouldn’t play us if we were the ones paying them fair value for 650,000 in 2028
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

its 7 years from now why foreclose every future option for this deal? How far into the future do you think the athletic departments budget projections run before there’s just a terminal growth rate assumption plugged in? 7 years is a long time and right now you can’t turn on CNBC or Bloomberg or fox business for 15 minutes without hearing “taper tantrum” or “inflation” come out of someone’s mouth.

I think Matt Larson has done a good job as the AD and I think he’ll probably continue to do a good job as AD but it seems to me he made a deal he didn’t have to make.

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Wisconsin would be epic. So would Nebraska. I’ve always kinda wished we would get a game at Tennessee for an SEC opponent.