Page 104 of 109 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1085

Thread: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

We give up so much just to schedule these games. Zero leverage.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    NDSU will get $675,000. Not sure what we were supposed to get last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    $800,000......I believe
    It was originally 650K.

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/stat...61022118895623

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Hmm I guess I would have hoped that a game scheduled 7-8 years later would have a higher payout than that. 4% increase that far into the future? I can guarantee we will look at this payout when it comes time and wonder why we are getting HALF of what everyone else is to play these games.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Hmm I guess I would have hoped that a game scheduled 7-8 years later would have a higher payout than that. 4% increase that far into the future? I can guarantee we will look at this payout when it comes time and wonder why we are getting HALF of what everyone else is to play these games.
    You could hope so but beggars can't be choosers. I recall plenty of criticism heaped at Matt Larsen last fall for not getting some FBS games on the schedule when it was reported by a national CFB writer that NDSU was getting "low balled" by FBS teams claiming to be interested in a game. I'd rather see the games get on the schedule... if NDSU has to take a lower payout from an FBS school than some other FCS team that the FBS school knows they'll demolish so be it. At this point as long as they're not losing money by playing an FBS game it's a scheduling win and at $675K I highly doubt they'll be anywhere near that even by 2028.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    You could hope so but beggars can't be choosers. I recall plenty of criticism heaped at Matt Larsen last fall for not getting some FBS games on the schedule when it was reported by a national CFB writer that NDSU was getting "low balled" by FBS teams claiming to be interested in a game. I'd rather see the games get on the schedule... if NDSU has to take a lower payout from an FBS school than some other FCS team that the FBS school knows they'll demolish so be it. At this point as long as they're not losing money by playing an FBS game it's a scheduling win and at $675K I highly doubt they'll be anywhere near that even by 2028.
    I agree it did surprise me though that this far out apparently Oregon believes or at least used it as leverage that NDSU would still be a powerful program and therefore the risk was higher to them and they offered less to get us to sign.

The 7-year USD Swap Rate is 1.25% and the 10-year is at 1.57%. We'll take a 4% markup and run to the bank all day long.

Anybody else out there want to offer up a 7 year 4% return on no cash? Anyone? Listening... <crickets>

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    The 7-year USD Swap Rate is 1.25% and the 10-year is at 1.57%. We'll take a 4% markup and run to the bank all day long.

Anybody else out there want to offer up a 7 year 4% return on no cash? Anyone? Listening... <crickets>
    Yeah ... except that's not how this shit works and you know it. Sports and $$ and tying them to the market or inflation is not logical.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Will anyone from this current staff or administration still be here by then? Doubtful
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    Will anyone from this current staff or administration still be here by then? Doubtful

Yeah ... except that's not how this shit works and you know it. Sports and $$ and tying them to the market or inflation is not logical.
    No, I don't know it. What I do know is market conditions. The sports biz is well outside my expertise. If it is completely divorced from inflation and prevailing rates of return then I will be mightily challenged to understand it.