Page 58 of 109 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    You cant compare this with NFL. Once one conference announces conference only, the rest will follow.
    GroupThink sucks.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    GroupThink sucks.
    Very few colleges can afford a lawsuit/payout.

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Pac 12 has a real interest in not risking a loss for one of their top teams to an FCS. Even if Oregon is up for it, the conference will likely push conference only.

How does that play for the Ohio State matchup? Probably able to blame that one on Big10 wanting conference only now.

*however if Big10 feels good about OSU over Oregon, that is a big one for their playoff chances for 1 or multiple teams if comes down to that.
    Do you honestly think the Oregon-NDSU game is a factor in the conference commissioner/ADs/university presidents' decision on whether to adjust the schedules of the conference football teams? How many of the 12 presidents do you think are even aware of that game on the schedule? And since they're all as big of idiots as us Duck fans that come on here, they probably don't think there's any way Oregon loses to NDSU. I would suspect they're far more concerned about lost revenue from the 36 non-conference games than they are the result of any one game, however damaging it would be to their chances of getting a team into the BCS playoff.

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Ezekiel Elliot brings up a few cautionary points regarding NFL players too. May not be quite as easy to totally isolate them as perceived on face due to family concerns.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-player-safety
    "Family Concerns" is code for groupies..

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    "Family Concerns" is code for groupies..
    My term, not his.

He used phrases like “children with asthma”, “parents and grandparents living with them”, “coaches and their families”.

Stuff like that.

So yeah. Groupies for sure.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckLurker View Post
    Do you honestly think the Oregon-NDSU game is a factor in the conference commissioner/ADs/university presidents' decision on whether to adjust the schedules of the conference football teams? How many of the 12 presidents do you think are even aware of that game on the schedule? And since they're all as big of idiots as us Duck fans that come on here, they probably don't think there's any way Oregon loses to NDSU. I would suspect they're far more concerned about lost revenue from the 36 non-conference games than they are the result of any one game, however damaging it would be to their chances of getting a team into the BCS playoff.
    Yes. It didn’t take Jim Delaney long.

If Oregon avoids the non-con pac 12 has a decent shot of getting one, maybe even 2 in. Not the most top heavy conference its close. ACC of course, but they only have one contender.

Take a shot at a pac12 chipper and back to non-con next year.

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Pac 12 has a real interest in not risking a loss for one of their top teams to an FCS. Even if Oregon is up for it, the conference will likely push conference only.

How does that play for the Ohio State matchup? Probably able to blame that one on Big10 wanting conference only now.

*however if Big10 feels good about OSU over Oregon, that is a big one for their playoff chances for 1 or multiple teams if comes down to that.
    NDSU is not even a top 6 OOC opponent for the Pac-12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post

Of course not. Who would be so brash as to suggest such a ridiculous notion?
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    The Sweden model is looking more attractive everyday haha (marginally worse 1st wave, no second wave. We'll see if there is indeed no second wave in Sweden, unlike what we're seeing here)
    What you are seeing isn’t a second wave, it’s still the first because too many places have half assed the protocols and/or reopened too soon.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post

Just admit it........you are afraid NDSU is going to beat Oregon. Easy way out is to cancel the game due to COVID.