Page 8 of 109 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    At this point can only hope for it to happen. You guys think there's anyway some Pac 12 schools could share stadiums in other states? Joel Klatt mentioned this on the radio if a possibility USC plays in Arizona. Maybe game gets pushed to Boise on that Friday or Sunday (Boise plays on Saturday) ? I could see it happen with no fans
    The NCAA has said in no uncertain terms that if a school doesn't have students on campus in the fall, then student athletes will also not be allowed on campus to participate in sports.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RatherBeYachting View Post
    We should know if/how the game is happening by about June 15th. That is when the Pac-12 is holding their meeting. By then every university should have decided if they are opening the campus to a degree that will allow student athletes to return by mid/late July.

I'm not speculating on what will happen yet. I will speculate on a game prediction:

Oregon 42, NDSU 13
    If oregon wins by that much (you won't) you'll steam roll to a national title.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The excuses Oregon will roll out should they lose are going to be epic.

ButtCovid!

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post

ButtCovid!
    Great you telling me this crap mutated. Time to get more TP

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Great you telling me this crap mutated. Time to get more TP
    That's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by RatherBeYachting View Post
    Joel Klatt’s scenario will never happen. At least for Oregon. If they’re not allowed to play in Autzen they’re not going to travel to another state to play a team from yet another state and then travel back. USC being private might have more leeway, but I very strongly doubt that. They might hold practice elsewhere, but that’s it.

We will know more after the Pac-12 meetings on June 15th. They’ll have to decide (they being the University presidents) what will happen and if student athletes can be on campus in July. A U of O official told a reporter under anonymity that the governor doesn’t get a say in what the university does.

For now it’s just a waiting game.
    Uh, what?

The governor most certainly has a say. With the exception of the courts intervening she has the ultimate say especially for the operations of state government.

I can speak about Oregon and its universities specifically as an event I was coorganizing in Portland was cancelled as the governor had made a statement the day previous regarding the state remaining closed.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

For a little perspective, the governor is allowing 31 Oregon counties, including Lane, to partially open immediately. There's a 5 county area which includes Portland and Salem that will remain closed, I assume, for a while yet.
    Insert something clever here...

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    The NCAA has said in no uncertain terms that if a school doesn't have students on campus in the fall, then student athletes will also not be allowed on campus to participate in sports.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

We are going to find out how much is just blustering by the NCAA and how much authority they actually have. I think they will cave under moderate pressure from conferences, university presidents, TV, and bowl games.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    If oregon wins by that much (you won't) you'll steam roll to a national title.
    Im not sure we wouldve even lost to LSU by that much last year. (Before anyone gets mad at me remember Vandy played them closer than Oklahoma).

I Predict this game happens and by the 4th of July alot will change with all of us.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?