Page 23 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Montana and Nevada are not as good as NDSU. According to the Sagarin ratings, NDSU is about halfway between Montana an Oregon. A better comparison would be Cal and Washington State where the margin of victory was 10 and 2 points.
    Buttfbs

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

TIL
    1) Oregon has 8 NFL players in their DB this year (according to a reply to that Twitter link)
    2) If ifs and buts were candy and nuts...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I hope they don't knock Gonzaga for their schedule.

Wow...this went bonkers.

Oregon’s d this year is not the 2019 version. It will be better and most likely a lot better. Oregon gave up some points but in the end it was a top 10 defense looking at advanced metrics.

NDSU plays a slow methodical style and so do a lot of your opponents. That depresses score lines . As someone mentioned earlier, NDSU went 16-0 with some subpar performances. ASU was our SIU game. It just happens that ASU has a pulse. NDSU inexplicably couldn’t tackle in the first half and made egregious penalties. SIU didn’t realize the forward pass had been invented.

Also, a GA WR coach for Oregon met with ASU brass before the game and before the end of the year was hired by ASU as their WR coach. Infer from that what you will. It can be a dirty business.
    I have a feeling there is an ass whooping in store for ASU in 2020.

Btw, my question on CW was not an indictment on him. If the run game is not working and he can’t rely on seam and go routes, do you see him as someone that can run great routes?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    Wow...this went bonkers.

Oregon’s d this year is not the 2019 version. It will be better and most likely a lot better. Oregon gave up some points but in the end it was a top 10 defense looking at advanced metrics.

NDSU plays a slow methodical style and so do a lot of your opponents. That depresses score lines . As someone mentioned earlier, NDSU went 16-0 with some subpar performances. ASU was our SIU game. It just happens that ASU has a pulse. NDSU inexplicably couldn’t tackle in the first half and made egregious penalties. SIU didn’t realize the forward pass had been invented.

Also, a GA WR coach for Oregon met with ASU brass before the game and before the end of the year was hired by ASU as their WR coach. Infer from that what you will. It can be a dirty business.
    I have a feeling there is an ass whooping in store for ASU in 2020.

Btw, my question on CW was not an indictment on him. If the run game is not working and he can’t rely on seam and go routes, do you see him as someone that can run great routes?
    I'm not sure on that as I don't watch him every play and haven't gone back to re-watch games BUT there are times when the coaches found ways to get the ball in his hands without having to pitch it 50 yds downfield. He averaged 12.5 yards a carry(even if you want to play the but/if game without his 70 yard run he average 8.5) and also catching short balls(think screen, short hit) where he ran for 50 yards after catch. So I guess all that to say that if he isn't fast enough to run by Oregon's DB or catch them sleeping we will find ways to put the ball in his hands.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I'm not sure on that as I don't watch him every play and haven't gone back to re-watch games BUT there are times when the coaches found ways to get the ball in his hands without having to pitch it 50 yds downfield. He averaged 12.5 yards a carry(even if you want to play the but/if game without his 70 yard run he average 8.5) and also catching short balls(think screen, short hit) where he ran for 50 yards after catch. So I guess all that to say that if he isn't fast enough to run by Oregon's DB or catch them sleeping we will find ways to put the ball in his hands.
    Your slot guy Korpeus (sp?? ) runs good routes. I am not sure if he was a senior or is coming back. I will just look it up, lol.

Your slot guy Korpeus (sp?? ) runs good routes. I am not sure if he was a senior or is coming back.
    He used up all of this DI eligibility and transferred to a somewhat local DII school to play one more year.

He used up all of this DI eligibility and transferred to a somewhat local DII school to play one more year.
    That’s a luckily DII school. I looked at his production and was surprised at how low it was. In the 5 games I watched he seemed to come up big when NDSU got behind the chains.

That’s a luckily DII school. I looked at his production and was surprised at how low it was. In the 5 games I watched he seemed to come up big when NDSU got behind the chains.
    It seems over the years NDSU has had that smaller not often used WR that catches every damn 3rd down pass at the right time. Which is crazy to me because it happened so often that you would think it's an easy key for the D.

It seems over the years NDSU has had that smaller not often used WR that catches every damn 3rd down pass at the right time.
    I kept thinking that little shit shouldn’t be that good. He must have beat some scrub. The one time I looked at the guy he beat it was Chinn from SIU, 😂.