Page 108 of 109 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1085

Thread: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

What about the other deals that NDSU signed as well?

Here is the payout info from Dom Izzo:

FUTURE NON-CONFERENCE GAMES FOR NDSU

2021 - Albany ($250,000) and Valparaiso (240,000), at Towson (home and home)

2022 - Drake ($230,000) and North Carolina A&T (240,000), at Arizona

2023 - Maine ($250,000) and at Central Arkansas (home and home)

2024 - at Colorado, at East Tennessee State (home and home) and Towson (home and home)

2025 - St. Thomas ($200,000)

2026 - East Tennessee State (home and home), at Central Arkansas (home and home), Austin Peay ($220,000)

Was it wrong for NDSU to only offer Austin Peay $220k in 2026 when NDSU is paying more for games in 2022 and 2023?

No - it is what was agreed to for both teams.

Get over the fact that the guarantee did not "meet your expectation".

Seriously - people complain that NDSU doesn't play enough FBS games. Then when a game against an FBS team is scheduled with a solid compensation amount, people still complain. People also complain that NDSU plays the same teams over and over - then when NDSU schedules games with new teams (Delaware, ETSU, Drake, etc.), people saw we should only be playing the top of FCS like James Madison, Eastern Washington, Sam Houston, Montana - teams that we have played multiple times since 2010.

GIVE IT A BREAK ALREADY!! - I am happy that NDSU is getting games scheduled a few years out - it is a lot better than waiting 1 year before the season and scrambling to find games. Plus, it allows me to plan vacations and trips in future years with my family.
    Last edited by NDSUKurt; 05-27-2021 at 02:44 PM.

Once again we have a logic system arrayed against a belief system. Foundational to the belief system is that it requires no evidentiary proof. Only unfailing faith. The logic forces can assault the belief structure for time eternal and all weapons will fail in that endeavor. Just let the believers believe and try to co-exist in peace.

The Oregon payout will only be a bad deal if our OC is too stubborn to throw to our TE's that many years in the future.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

By the time this game is played this will be a very old thread.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    I may just be a simple farmer, but to my eye 675,000 dollars looks like more than zero point zero.

One thing farming teaches you that accounting doesn't. Sometimes there are only shit deals. You can pout, take your ball and go home, or you can take the best course available and do what can be done. I've studied inflation trends and TVOM tables. Nowhere in those charts is a silver bullet to create something out of nothing.

Now for the third time. Where is this better deal? Are you referring to the 650k from Oregon last year? Because that's gone. Gone like dust in the wind. It's not coming back. Using it as a standard of measure is not just silly, it's retarded.

What is the best option available? Take that option. End of discussion. You think Florida State became a national powerhouse by turning down offers to play? We play anyone, anywhere. Period.
    I wish people would stop saying this, it's just not true. It's not true for any program. And not sure what any of that has to do with the real issue which is the payout which should have at least been an extra $100k considering it's gonna be 7 years later!

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I wish people would stop saying this, it's just not true. It's not true for any program. And not sure what any of that has to do with the real issue which is the payout which should have at least been an extra $100k considering it's gonna be 7 years later!
    If 100k 7 years from now is going to make you take your ball and go home, then maybe you should just take your ball and go home.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    its 7 years from now why foreclose every future option for this deal? How far into the future do you think the athletic departments budget projections run before there’s just a terminal growth rate assumption plugged in? 7 years is a long time and right now you can’t turn on CNBC or Bloomberg or fox business for 15 minutes without hearing “taper tantrum” or “inflation” come out of someone’s mouth.

I think Matt Larson has done a good job as the AD and I think he’ll probably continue to do a good job as AD but it seems to me he made a deal he didn’t have to make.
    It was a good deal if it was take it or leave it. They dont need the game.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Perhaps we could construct a long bet that would be a proxy for the quality of this deal? Something along the lines of NDSU does/does not sign a deal to play a non-conference away football game for at least a $750,000 guarantee before the kickoff of the NDSU @ Oregon game.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Oregon 10
    stony brook 7

2nd q

bahahahahhha
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I'm predicting the game in Eugene in 2028 gets bought out now that the Ducks are headed to the Big X.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013