Page 29 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Yeah, the teams I root for the most are: the Bison, the Michigan Wolverines, and the Ducks - in that order, although I watch more of the Ducks that the Wolverines because of the timing of games, etc.

Anyway, I know that this Ducks defense is going to be fantastic this year. Above all other reasons is that they are incredibly fast. Regarding KT, he's incredibly talented and stupid fast. He needed to gain a little weight so it will be fun to see his progress. I still stand by my above statements. Our OL will be able to hold their own. I'm particularly looking forward to seeing if they line up KT against Dillon Radunz at all or if the put him against the RT.
    They typically move Thibodeaux around. He can flex at end and Stud linebacker. Funa’s development is key here. Funa with a good offseason could absolutely be a terror with a tad more twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    They typically move Thibodeaux around. He can flex at end and Stud linebacker. Funa’s development is key here. Funa with a good offseason could absolutely be a terror with a tad more twitch.
    Yep, from your perspective every Duck player could be a terror, but then we all know they are just mere mortals.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Yep, from your perspective every Duck player could be a terror, but then we all know they are just mere mortals.
    Why be so predictable? He's proud of his team. So are you. Why be so hyperbolic? Why be a Richard? Are you really THAT sensitive? Poor fella. This is definitely the best defense the Ducks have ever had. I'd expect him to be fired up about them. Any yes, they have a few freaks on the team.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Why be so predictable? He's proud of his team. So are you. Why be so hyperbolic? Why be a Richard? Are you really THAT sensitive? Poor fella. This is definitely the best defense the Ducks have ever had. I'd expect him to be fired up about them. Any yes, they have a few freaks on the team.
    OK Mr two face......so you are a fan of both teams too. Why protect him? Why attack me for letting him know we have already heard about the perceived greatness of his Oregon team on this BISON message board? Getting tired of the constant Duckies are most talented team ever.....SO PREDICTABLE! I believe talent alone does not win games. We will see on Sept 5.

OK Mr two face......so you are a fan of both teams too. Why protect him? Why attack me for letting him know we have already heard about the perceived greatness of his Oregon team on this BISON message board? Getting tired of the constant Duckies are most talented team ever.....SO PREDICTABLE! I believe talent alone does not win games. We will see on Sept 5.
    No one thinks we’re the most talented team ever. We see an elite defense, we’re a hungry fanbase, and we smell it. So, we’re probably overly exuberant.

It’s slow. I’ve also given NDSU a lot of respect.

Funa was an elite prospect, played like one as a true frosh, so it’s not coming out of left field. He stays healthy, progresses and he has day 2 NFL talent. I don’t think he will ever have elite pass rush skills to be more. As a linebacker, he’s a big, instinctive, overwhelming presence setting the edge and capable of rushing the passer.

We need a third edge player to step up as a first time contributor, presumably Bradyn Swinson, Isaac Townsend or Trevon Ma’ae.

At ILB, we are hoping that one of the 5 star ILBs will usurp the more journeyman contributors that will be ahead of them to start camp.

Those are question marks.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Kinda figured we could give the FBS that one. I mean throw the Cypath guy a bone, he seems like a solid dude.
    Much appreciated.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just go back and read posts from Gopher fans or Wildcat fans if you want to see people that were really full of themselves. Hell, we even had Jayhawk fans come to our board and shoot smack. Iowa fans were pretty civil if I remember right. So far, the Duck fans haven't been nearly as bad as what has been put on their boards by some of our own.
    Insert something clever here...

Karen, this is a Wendy’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    You’ve beat some teams with great players, Iowa always has guys getting drafted. And if we were going to line up and try to play bully ball I wouldn’t be predicting much separation. You’re not going to line up and just beat the piss out of NDSU in the box playing basic 1990’s football. If I’m NDSU that’s exactly what I want. I want the game to be about grit, fundamentals and technique. Not about speed, space and athletes. NDSU does as good of a job as anyone nationally maximizing the tools and skill sets of their players.

IMO there does come a point where Jimmies and Joes when deployed at a high level are just a bit too much to overcome with heart and hard work. I don’t expect anyone here to agree or admit that Oregon is more talented than the P5 teams you’ve beat. I know we come from what is perceived nationally as a “soft conference”. I’m just saying (and this will bear out over the next 3-4 NFL drafts) that this team will be the most talented from top to bottom that NDSU has faced. Maybe that talent isn’t enough and Oregon loses at home but we don’t have a couple players sprinkled across the starting 22 like ISU, KSU and Iowa. Everyone who sees the field is a player.

The biggest difference between this team and even good Oregon teams of the past is that there isn’t that one or two position groups that are just super average or mediocre. The last 2.5 years has been the most impressive roster transformation I’ve seen at Oregon and it’s not close. This is our best team from a top to bottom from roster composition/talent and depth standpoint.

NDSU fans have never heard that before. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    Karen, this is a Wendy’s

So you are not just stupid, but on drugs too?