Page 82 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

Interesting enough, Vivid seats canceled my Clemson @ Notre Dame game, but the NDSU @ OU game is still on according to them.

Quote Originally Posted by PNW Eag View Post
    Interesting enough, Vivid seats canceled my Clemson @ Notre Dame game, but the NDSU @ OU game is still on according to them.
    If only it were actually so.
    Don't believe everything you think.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    It hasn't affected anyone's life , UNLESS you're one of the those poor sob's who happen to live or have a business in the 3 block area.
    My business is 2 blocks away. The virus is WAY more of an issue to me.
    Insert something clever here...

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So can we talk about the Pac-12 United letter in the Players Tribune here? Or does it need to be done somewhere else?

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    So can we talk about the Pac-12 United letter in the Players Tribune here? Or does it need to be done somewhere else?
    I can appreciate some of their Covid demands, and can also appreciate their stance on the cost of facilities and salaries and the need to keep minor sports fully funded so more scholarships are available. The rest of what they are demanding is absurd. If this comes to NDSU I hope we tell them to turn in their gear. Asking for huge amounts of $ and requiring a certain amount of scholarships go to African American's is disgusting. Scholarships go to the best student athlete that also has a high character regardless of race, Creed, background, socio-economic status, or political stance.

Why not advocate and engage their alumni to donate and create more academic scholarships for certain minority groups or for those who come from an impoverished background? There is a definite need for that and is something that helps move equality forward. Picking an arbitrary % threshold and demanding a certain amount of athletic scholarships go to a certain minority group does nothing but drive a wedge between people.
    Last edited by AKBison; 08-03-2020 at 04:57 PM.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The part that sticks out to me is the revenue sharing. There probably isn't as team in the Pac-12 that turns a profit. And you can bet that these athletic departments would get creative with accounting to make sure that is the case. Say good bye to any Title IX compliance. And don't even get started on the ridiculous racial aspect to this.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...-title-ix-ncaa
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

The part that sticks out to me is the revenue sharing. There probably isn't as team in the Pac-12 that turns a profit. And you can bet that these athletic departments would get creative with accounting to make sure that is the case. Say good bye to any Title IX compliance. And don't even get started on the ridiculous racial aspect to this.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    They need to take a basic accounting course to learn the difference between revenue and profit.

This is just another case of the tail wagging the dog. I would love to see the schools play hard ball and tell them---you dont show up to camp you arent going to school here unless you pay for it. There are thousands of kids who would love to take your place.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Thanks for sharing this, 56...….very enlightening article.

So, for anyone interested in the saga, Vivid Seats finally acknowledged the game was canceled. A refund is on the way. Once again, sorry Bison fans! Like all of you, I was stoked to watch this game in person. If the Bison and EWU should ever cross paths again, you'll get nothing but high fives and good game out of me! Cheers!