Page 28 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Just like Kansas State and Iowa did

Hey, don't leave out Iowa State!

Hmmm. Is it more disrespectful to include us or leave us off your list?
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Hey, don't leave out Iowa State!

Hmmm. Is it more disrespectful to include us or leave us off your list?
    Iowa State gave NDSU it's most decisive loss from any FBS program. So you have that to hang your hat on!

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Iowa State gave NDSU it's most decisive loss from any FBS program. So you have that to hang your hat on!
    I chose to pretend that 2008 and 2009 didn't happen. Not only as it relates to Bison football but also the economy, my business, and a string of bad haircuts/facial hair.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I'm glad you're back for two reasons: 1.) You're knowledgeable about the game and have taken the time to look at some of our game recordings from last year, and 2.) A bit more of this banter makes me excited because I feel like there's a good chance of the game still happening. Just know that you're being penalized because of dozens of previous posters from FBS schools that didn't respect their guest status on this site and who were also blinded by their biases about the level of play. Because of that, some of the guys are pretty quick to get chippy to newcomers.

The above quote is laughable by many of us here. We've had a decades-long string of really good OL play and this year's Rams (that's our name for them for at least 40 years, if not longer) are almost certainly the best group of all...although admittedly, our 2013 team had a couple of linemen on it that are still playing in the NFL. Your defense is going to be very, very good but just know that this will be one of the best offensive lines that you'll meet in 2020, certainly better than the bottom 2/3 of the PAC12. Your guys are going to get through at times but to say that they'll "win the LOS by a considerable margin" just doesn't track. If that happens, we'll get blown out. If the Bison win the game, it will be on the backs of those 5/7 guys.
    You might be surprised at the depth of talent on the oline this year in the PAC, especially in the North. You had a poster put up a spreadsheet of draft eligible talent by position. Next year’s schedule is crazy. NDSU, tOSU and Hawaii all have a lot of experience.

Also, Orygunbison, I think you keep tabs on the Ducks, right?

Oregon’s DL and edge players will give everyone hell. It will be interesting to see how much good weight Thibodeaux puts on. The progress of Funa and Dorlus will determine how elite the LOS for our defense will be. Faoliu and Scott are 4th year players that are day 3 talents or even UDFA. Dorlus and Funa have high ceilings and the inserted themselves as true frosh. There’s a salacious internet rumor that 2020’Bradyn Swinson won’t be kept off the field. I am not going to count on them chickens though.

Beep. Boop.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    Also, Orygunbison, I think you keep tabs on the Ducks, right?

Oregon’s DL and edge players will give everyone hell. It will be interesting to see how much good weight Thibodeaux puts on. The progress of Funa and Dorlus will determine how elite the LOS for our defense will be. Faoliu and Scott are 4th year players that are day 3 talents or even UDFA. Dorlus and Funa have high ceilings and the inserted themselves as true frosh. There’s a salacious internet rumor that 2020’Bradyn Swinson won’t be kept off the field. I am not going to count on them chickens though.
    Yeah, the teams I root for the most are: the Bison, the Michigan Wolverines, and the Ducks - in that order, although I watch more of the Ducks that the Wolverines because of the timing of games, etc.

Anyway, I know that this Ducks defense is going to be fantastic this year. Above all other reasons is that they are incredibly fast. Regarding KT, he's incredibly talented and stupid fast. He needed to gain a little weight so it will be fun to see his progress. I still stand by my above statements. Our OL will be able to hold their own. I'm particularly looking forward to seeing if they line up KT against Dillon Radunz at all or if the put him against the RT.
    Insert something clever here...

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Oh yeah. Wish I had thought of that. "Iowa State gave NDSU its most decisive FBS loss." May need to put that on my signature line!
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Oh yeah. Wish I had thought of that. "Iowa State gave NDSU its most decisive FBS loss." May need to put that on my signature line!
    My memory is even though that Bison team lost by the largest margin they were in the game up until the 4th Quarter, and if not for a lost fumble in the first half at the goal line who knows? Just sayin..........
    UPDATE: Bison scored a TD with 3:26 left in the 3rd Quarter to bring score to 17 - 24. Iowa State got a 50 yard field goal very late in the 3rd Quarter, and a TD mid 4th Quarter to finish 17 - 34. The 2009 Bison just did not have quite the talent or confidence to finish games on top. Then 2010 came around and one game at the end where the Bison got screwed on a red field changed everything........
    Last edited by SDbison; 06-03-2020 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    My memory is even though that Bison team lost by the largest margin they were in the game up until the 4th Quarter, and if not for a lost fumble in the first half at the goal line who knows? Just sayin..........
    UPDATE: Bison scored a TD with 3:26 left in the 3rd Quarter to bring score to 17 - 24. Iowa State got a 50 yard field goal very late in the 3rd Quarter, and a TD mid 4th Quarter to finish 17 - 34. The 2009 Bison just did not have quite the talent or confidence to finish games on top. Then 2010 came around and one game at the end where the Bison got screwed on a red field changed everything........
    Kinda figured we could give the FBS that one. I mean throw the Cypath guy a bone, he seems like a solid dude.