Page 68 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Without knowing records, over the last decade hasn’t Stanford been better than usc. USC has underachieved since Pete Carrol left. Sure don’t seem to live up to their recruiting
    If I'm reading it correctly, Stanford is surprisingly just OK at 14-10. By comparison, USC is 30-11 (Oregon is 26-16).

Quote Originally Posted by DuckLurker View Post
    The overall record of the ACC against other P5 conference teams is 226-267. The Pac 12 is 176-149. If you take Clemson and Florida State out of the equation in the ACC, their record is 156-212. If you take Oregon and USC out of the equation in the Pac 12, their record is 126-120. Have whatever opinion you want, just consider that it is absolutely and completely counter to the empirical evidence.

And for those of you who care to look at this info for yourselves, I found it at this web site. https://topdan.com/college-football-...rds/index.html
    I’m all about evidence and trusting science in all situations. Except this one. Luckily, there’s not much on the line here. It turns out I can afford to be scientifically ignorant, choose to believe the Pac12 is soft and Oregon is overrated, and the only consequence is pissing off a few arrogant Duck fans. Works for me.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I’m all about evidence and trusting science in all situations. Except this one. Luckily, there’s not much on the line here. It turns out I can afford to be scientifically ignorant, choose to believe the Pac12 is soft and Oregon is overrated, and the only consequence is pissing off a few arrogant Duck fans. Works for me.
    We're gonna be best friends when this is all over, I can just feel it.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckLurker View Post
    We're gonna be best friends when this is all over, I can just feel it.
    Cypanth hangs out here even after the Bison whoop his teams, so there is precedence that it's at least possible.

I am not pissed off. I am not a big fan of PAC 12 football at the moment. Our commissioner should be long gone.

That being said, it’s not relevant to the game. Oregon’s defense does better against more pro style offenses and power run. It’s been Leach that we can’t figure out.
    Last edited by bisonduck; 07-06-2020 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    I am not pissed off. I am not a big fan of PAC 12 football at the moment. Our commissioner should be long gone.

That being said, it’s not not relevant to the game. Oregon’s defense does better against more pro style offenses and power run. It’s been Leach that we can’t figure out.
    I guess it’s back to the drawing board...

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post

That being said, it’s not not relevant to the game. Oregon’s defense does better against more pro style offenses and power run. It’s been Leach that we can’t figure out.
    Also, try “not irrelevant” next time. Let’s hope Duck players are as bad at football as Duck fans are at grammar.

Also, try “not irrelevant” next time. Let’s hope Duck players are as bad at football as Duck fans are at grammar.
    Would have been more fun if you’d misspelled grammar. Blew it.

It's go time. I think we will start seeing some announcements from individual schools/conference this week and next week.

Everyone says "Duck fans" ... even "Duck fans". But shouldn't it be "Ducks fans" (with the "s"). We're the Oregon Ducks, not the Oregon Duck? We're fans of "The Ducks" not fans of "The Duck" (although "The Duck" is the best mascot in CFB). It's a bit pedantic but since you brought up grammar, what better time to settle this once and for all? And what better place than on a NDSU board?