Page 54 of 109 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Back on topic........nice short article about this game from draft diamonds (apologies if this has already been posted): https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/trey-lance-6/
    Allen had absolutely no one around him. That Wyoming team was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    Agreed. I watched some Wyoming games because Allen was getting comparisons to Wentz. He's not and he had no help. Also Wyoming is no NDSU.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    For some reference, that was an Oregon team that went 7-6 in Willie Taggart's one season leading the team. Herbert was a Sophomore, but Royce Freeman ran for 160+ of the team's 300+ yards rushing. Herbert had another 250 passing. The O-Line, somewhat similar to this year's team, was led by a future NFL draftee plus 3 sophomores. That defense was slightly on the young side but had some decent veterans. They similarly had mixed results during the season, giving up big points to a few teams and being stout in a few others. But along the lines of what you said, Wyoming's O-Line were awful and Allen was running for his life most of the game.

Wyoming's coach, as I'm sure you all know, was former NDSU coach Craig Bohl. Are y'all surprised he hasn't had more success at Wyoming? Or that he even took that job?

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DuckLurker View Post
    For some reference, that was an Oregon team that went 7-6 in Willie Taggart's one season leading the team. Herbert was a Sophomore, but Royce Freeman ran for 160+ of the team's 300+ yards rushing. Herbert had another 250 passing. The O-Line, somewhat similar to this year's team, was led by a future NFL draftee plus 3 sophomores. That defense was slightly on the young side but had some decent veterans. They similarly had mixed results during the season, giving up big points to a few teams and being stout in a few others. But along the lines of what you said, Wyoming's O-Line were awful and Allen was running for his life most of the game.

Wyoming's coach, as I'm sure you all know, was former NDSU coach Craig Bohl. Are y'all surprised he hasn't had more success at Wyoming? Or that he even took that job?
    Look back in the archives. That discussion has been done to death.

He’s had success at the school. They were terrible before he got there and now they win.

NDSU gets Dakota and Minnesota farm boys. My uncle in law was a farm boy from Minnesota bordering the Dakotas. He’s 6’8” and works like a mule. He was an NAIA hall of fame basketball player that plays in a better division if at a high school with more than 10 people (hyperbole). Wyoming is a lot tougher recruiting base.

I'm actually more surprised that he's been as successful as he has since arriving at Wyoming. I've been to Laramie numerous times, and regardless of the season, the place looks like crap. The Southern part of the state is an eyesore while parts of the Northern side are beautiful. When the state's early government decided to put its capital, state university and state hospital in three separate towns in the Southern part (probably to be closer to Denver along with their cattle industry), I feel they unknowingly handcuffed their University's athletics ability to recruit in the long run.

With the way college football works today, it's going to be hard for anyone to be another Bob Devaney there. Pat Dye and Dennis Erickson both tried and were about as successful as Bohl in their respective one-year stints.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Bohl is getting more guys drafted there as well. He’s a success.

I have no idea why a team like Oregon State didn’t make a run at him.

Whats funny is that I was super positive about the game over a week ago. Now, Im pessimistic. It seems like nothing has really changed in the last month as far as certainty/uncertainty. A lot of schools arent back to volunteer workouts, but there have been a number of players testing positive. This is with no other students really on campus. When you take into account testing, resources, handling practices, players quarantining, I am not very confident we will have a full season.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am a little less confident as well. In Iregon, we are currently breaking all records for cases per day. On the up side, not that many more people are dying...which tells me that most just weren't tested previously. I just really worry about the optics of the situation and an administrator's willingness to possibly add liability for their student athletes' participation.

Ugh.

Fucking ugh.
    Insert something clever here...

If this game doesn't happen I'm going to load Lakes up on adderall and send him to China on a "mission impossible" type quest to avenge us.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes