Page 16 of 109 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I'll bite.

Here's a question that will test your delusional take: Who do you think will be the best QB on the field if the game is played?
    Lance will be the best QB and his backup might be the 2nd best QB on the field if you count the sidelines as "on the field."
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Lance will be the best QB and his backup might be the 2nd best QB on the field if you count the sidelines as "on the field."
    Zeb is certainly more proven than Shough at this point. Very true.

Another question for bisonducky: Would you take Zeb Noland (proven Big12 starter with a huge game against a top 10 opponent on his resume) or Shough (nice arm strength, looks promising)?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

When can they legitimately have a tv schedule out?

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Zeb is certainly more proven than Shough at this point. Very true.

Another question for bisonducky: Would you take Zeb Noland (proven Big12 starter with a huge game against a top 10 opponent on his resume) or Shough (nice arm strength, looks promising)?
    I would have to do more research to be honest. I know Iowa State went through a bunch of qbs recently and all of them fared well. I am not sure if his transfer was because of how the competition shook out. He is an Iowa State transfer, correct?

I know our team is very vocal about backing Shough on social media and more than the usual. It seems there is a lot of belief in him and he has a lot of leadership qualities. I would probably go with him on these intangibles, especially with the constricted timeframe.

He’s also worked a lot with the twos on the oline. That alone is meaningful.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    I know our team is very vocal about backing Shough on social media and more than the usual.
    Sounds like he might have a fragile ego?

Our team was very vocal about it being an all out competition for the starting spot before Lance earned the spot. So much so that they brought in a Big12 transfer that summer.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Slough is the real deal, no doubt. I've seen him as well. The real question to me is if the Duck offense will have enough time to gel given no spring ball and a lot of new parts.
    The new parts around him are 3 offensive linemen. We’re replacing 4 starters but Jones has started. We have a lot of journeymen to fill the other spots. Forsythe and Poutasi are upperclassmen. Mala is a juco that appeared in the 4 games and the staff was on the bubble about pulling his redshirt because he was that good.

I am excited to have good experienced skill players for Shough. Our skill players are the most talented we’ve seen in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Sounds like he might have a fragile ego?

Our team was very vocal about it being an all out competition for the starting spot before Lance earned the spot. So much so that they brought in a Big12 transfer that summer.
    No one one on the team is shy about competition. It’s more “watch Shough win the heisman” banter. It’s seems like they’re excited for him. The kid is a fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    No one one on the team is shy about competition. It’s more “watch Shough win the heisman” banter. It’s seems like they’re excited for him. The kid is a fighter.
    Wow, is he on Heisman watch lists already?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Wow, is he on Heisman watch lists already?
    Obviously not. It’s is optimism. I would take it with a grain of salt. It seems like genuine optimism. Watch the sideline at the end of the USC game when he pancakes a defender. This team likes him.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How do you pronounce Shough?

Shoe? Sho? Show rhymes with ow? Shuff?