Page 25 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by QB11SD View Post
    Yeah, lot of respect for NDSU and their staff/culture. The one thing about being a script team is you really have to be efficient in the run game. If you’re not and you get a negative play or two it can really kill a drive. I fully anticipate that NDSU staff will have a great plan that will give their guys the best chance at success. Will be fun to watch the chess match because Joe Moorhead and Andy Avalos are probably the best the pac-12 has to offer in terms of coordinators.

Just from what I know watching a ton of Oregon is that more times than not defensively they will air on the side of leaving the DB’s on an island and bringing bodies to account for the QB in the run game. Lance will have to make some throws against tight coverage under pressure for NDSU to have a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That sounds impossible when you say it like that.

Have the ducks ever even lost a game? Will they ever again?

Edit: just googled, looks like they have lost games and a lot of people outside NDSU think they will loose the next one.

Beep. Boop.

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    That sounds impossible when you say it like that.

Have the ducks ever even lost a game? Will they ever again?

Edit: just googled, looks like they have lost games and a lot of people outside NDSU think they will loose the next one.

Beep. Boop.
    Seeing as NDSU will be a 14ish point underdog on the road against a more talented team it will be difficult. That’s kind of the point.

Seeing as NDSU will be a 14ish point underdog on the road against a more talented team it will be difficult. That’s kind of the point.

No, the point is for you to attempt to convince yourself that you are not only the smartest person on the ducks board, but the smartest here also.

Kind of a two state all star.

Remember to leave plenty of leeway for your late september 5th post on how you knew the ducks were going to loose this game.

Stay smarter. Stay safe.

Beep. Boop.

Welcome back, QB11SD!

I see you haven't changed your tune (like, at all) since Lance blew up and multiple pundits have expressed interest in watching this game closely (even one picking the Bison outright).

But hey... When you're smarter than everyone and always right, why would you ever want to change your mind or admit you don't know everything?

Anyway... blah blah blah. Glad to have you back and see that you're safe. Cheers.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I feel like this staff will approach this FBS game a bit differently than our past groups, at least offensively and on special teams. In the past, we've always been quite conservative in our offensive playcalling against FBS teams, really relying on establishing the run and basing everything off of that...just like the way we play everyone else. TR isn't going to stray from that tremendously but we saw last year that he and Entz like to put a few other nuggets into the game. This Bison offense is by far the most talented (IMO) group we've ever had and I can totally see Tyler being more creative at times since he has so many weapons. What I WILL say is that both TR and ME seem to be very, very good at studying a team and their tendencies then exploiting the knowledge to great success. Those guys have had a decent amount of time to contemplate and scheme over the last 2-1/2 months and I feel like they'll be incredibly prepared.
    Insert something clever here...

Yeah, lot of respect for NDSU and their staff/culture. The one thing about being a script team is you really have to be efficient in the run game. If you’re not and you get a negative play or two it can really kill a drive. I fully anticipate that NDSU staff will have a great plan that will give their guys the best chance at success. Will be fun to watch the chess match because Joe Moorhead and Andy Avalos are probably the best the pac-12 has to offer in terms of coordinators.

Just from what I know watching a ton of Oregon is that more times than not defensively they will air on the side of leaving the DB’s on an island and bringing bodies to account for the QB in the run game. Lance will have to make some throws against tight coverage under pressure for NDSU to have a chance.

Oh FFS.....

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    No, the point is for you to attempt to convince yourself that you are not only the smartest person on the ducks board, but the smartest here also.

Kind of a two state all star.

Remember to leave plenty of leeway for your late september 5th post on how you knew the ducks were going to loose this game.

Stay smarter. Stay safe.

Beep. Boop.
    I haven’t asserted that I’m smarter than anyone here or there? I just post my opinion. I’m sorry that I think Oregon is the better team and it’s going to take a pretty special performance from Lance through the air to win on the road against a P5 conference favorite that returns the #2 defense in FBS according to SP+. Obviously just a homer.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Welcome back, QB11SD!

I see you haven't changed your tune (like, at all) since Lance blew up and multiple pundits have expressed interest in watching this game closely (even one picking the Bison outright).

But hey... When you're smarter than everyone and always right, why would you ever want to change your mind or admit you don't know everything?

Anyway... blah blah blah. Glad to have you back and see that you're safe. Cheers.
    Show me where I’ve ever stated that Lance is not only really good but will be the best QB on the field in September?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Oh FFS.....
    The only other coordinators in the conversation are Graham Harrell (USC OC), Morgan Scalley (Utah DC) and Pete Kwitkowski (UW DC)

Show me where I’ve ever stated that Lance is not only really good but will be the best QB on the field in September?

Perhaps I didn’t emphasize the light-hearted tone I intended with my post.

My comment was more about the outcome of the game than QB play. But I will say that before you went silent on this board, Lance was not yet projected as a top 5 QB prospect in next years’ draft... I would THINK that would alter your score prediction a bit, but it still looks like a lopsided victory by your estimation.

That’s all I was pointing out.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery