Page 67 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    You are joking lol
    OK like two of the teams suck but overall the line play is pretty high in the MVFC
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    So, your competition will better prepare you the game?
    Nice dodge. You said you were responding to the Pac12 being soft. I showed why it’s completely valid to call the Pac12 soft. Happy fourth.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Nice dodge. You said you were responding to the Pac12 being soft. I showed why it’s completely valid to call the Pac12 soft. Happy fourth.
    Cool stat, but it's not exactly a fair representation of conference strength. I mean, The ACC has 6 appearances in 6 years but outside of Clemson (who has 5 of those six apparances) that is an average at best league. Would you be scared to play any other team in that conference? [Side note - the 6 appearance was defending champion Florida State with Jameis Winson, Dalvin Cook and a bunch of other studs, who were taken behind the woodshed by Oregon in the Rose Bowl).

But to provide a statistical counter-argument to yours, here's a pretty good one.

Pac-12 record vs. other conferences since 1998 (BCS/Playoff era):

ACC - 29-11 (Oregon 3-1)
    Big 12 - 46-54 (Oregon 6-4)
    Big 10 - 70-56 (Oregon 12-8)
    SEC - 16-20 (Oregon 4-3)

It doesn't look to me like the Pac-12 is significantly weaker than any of those conferences. It does look like it's significantly better than the ACC and very much more than holds its own against the Big 10. I will admit I don't know a lot about the quality of football played in the FCS having only seen the teams that have played Oregon. But I do know the Pac 12 is not soft.

Happy fourth to you too.

Obviously the PAC 12 is subpar but after watching a full slate of MVC games, I am not sure how it parlays into our game. That’s what matters to me. I am no PAC 12 apologist.

Also, from a style standpoint, there’s Stanford and UW that use a lot of heavy packages. I also saw enough spread offenses and 3-3-5 stack defenses on your schedule to roll my eyes at the comment.

The CFB landscape is challenging week in and week out since there’s a lot of diversity. Oregon’s defense is multiple and deep enough to line up against 22 personnel and go toe to toe all game long.
    Last edited by bisonduck; 07-05-2020 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckLurker View Post
    Cool stat, but it's not exactly a fair representation of conference strength. I mean, The ACC has 6 appearances in 6 years but outside of Clemson (who has 5 of those six apparances) that is an average at best league. Would you be scared to play any other team in that conference? [Side note - the 6 appearance was defending champion Florida State with Jameis Winson, Dalvin Cook and a bunch of other studs, who were taken behind the woodshed by Oregon in the Rose Bowl).

But to provide a statistical counter-argument to yours, here's a pretty good one.

ACC - 29-11 (Oregon 3-1)
    SEC - 16-20 (Oregon 4-3)

It doesn't look to me like the Pac-12 is significantly weaker than any of those conferences. It does look like it's significantly better than the ACC and very much more than holds its own against the Big 10. [b]I will admit I don't know a lot about the quality of football played in the FCS having only seen the teams that have played Oregon[\b] . But I do know the Pac 12 is not soft.
    That is actually a refreshing statement from and FBS fan. Like has been said here many times the number of FBS fans that have come on here to talk about our JV team gets really old. There is some really good football and a few(3-4) really high level teams in the FCS that can compete with the vast majority of FBS teams.

Just in case a duck fans wants to point out where the ducks rank I will say we've never played on team that is ranked this high on paper. Hope this game happens.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ACC - 29-11 (Oregon 3-1)
    SEC - 16-20 (Oregon 4-3)

It doesn't look to me like the Pac-12 is significantly weaker than any of those conferences. It does look like it's significantly better than the ACC and very much more than holds its own against the Big 10. I will admit I don't know a lot about the quality of football played in the FCS having only seen the teams that have played Oregon. But I do know the Pac 12 is not soft.
    Blah blah blah. Lets see NDSU’s record against Oregon.

ACC - 29-11 (Oregon 3-1)
    SEC - 16-20 (Oregon 4-3)

I’d say that it’s between the ACC and the Pac12 for softest conference in FBS. No stats. Just my opinion.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I’d say that it’s between the ACC and the Pac12 for softest conference in FBS. No stats. Just my opinion.
    The overall record of the ACC against other P5 conference teams is 226-267. The Pac 12 is 176-149. If you take Clemson and Florida State out of the equation in the ACC, their record is 156-212. If you take Oregon and USC out of the equation in the Pac 12, their record is 126-120. Have whatever opinion you want, just consider that it is absolutely and completely counter to the empirical evidence.

And for those of you who care to look at this info for yourselves, I found it at this web site. https://topdan.com/college-football-...rds/index.html

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The overall record of the ACC against other P5 conference teams is 226-267. The Pac 12 is 176-149. If you take Clemson and Florida State out of the equation in the ACC, their record is 156-212. If you take Oregon and USC out of the equation in the Pac 12, their record is 126-120. Have whatever opinion you want, just consider that it is absolutely and completely counter to the empirical evidence.

And for those of you who care to look at this info for yourselves, I found it at this web site. https://topdan.com/college-football-...rds/index.html
    Without knowing records, over the last decade hasn’t Stanford been better than usc. USC has underachieved since Pete Carrol left. Sure don’t seem to live up to their recruiting

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Fully agree top to bottom PAC 12 is better than the ACC. ACC had had one strong team dominate. PAC 12 hadn't had a clear dominant team that can't slip up ooc or drop over to a rival and it's hurts the conference. Also playing games on the left coast keeps us Midwesterners from watching if it gets too late.