Page 86 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by DuckLurker View Post
    Did you have a chance to watch the rest of the game? Clearly the D needs some time to figure things out, which is to be expected with the abbreviated pre-season (or is it delayed pre-season?). If I recall correctly, NDSU weren't exactly hitting on all cylinders in their game. And Stanford's OL is a big, talented unit, which certainly factored into it. Regardless, The Ducks' offense showed they will move the ball effectively on just about anyone. On to the next one ...
    Yeah was an eye test on the first drive and unfortunately I missed the rest because of the speech that cut in.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Tell your AD to reschedule us! I
    Yeah because our ad won't do a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Based on this first series, it doesn't look like NDSU would have much of a problem running on this vaunted Oregon Defense...
    No one seems to be able to play defense in the covid era. Oregon played the best game of defense that I’ve watched. They were misaligned on a couple run fits that yielded a lot of Stanford’s rushing totals. They stacked up the run well outside of that. With an abbreviated camp and a bunch of opt outs, Oregon played well.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Lol makes me think the assessments of their own team were off as well haha
    Look at how the former OC is doing at UNLV. That was the part of the assessment that pieces everything together.

The new OC was 10x better last night. Oregon marched down the field over and over against one of the better defensive fronts they’ll face. That was with the TE, OL and QB not returning a starter.

Blah, Blah, Blah...

When is this game getting re-scheduled, or U of O sending their buy-out check? This BS should have been resolved by now!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    Look at how the former OC is doing at UNLV. That was the part of the assessment that pieces everything together.

The new OC was 10x better last night. Oregon marched down the field over and over against one of the better defensive fronts they’ll face. That was with the TE, OL and QB not returning a starter.
    The offense was a revelation for me. 5 new starters on the OL, new QB and new TE (who was a DE until the spring), and they averaged over 6.5/carry against a Stanford D that is usually pretty stout. They had lost a few guys to injury and opt-out so we have to take everything from that game with a grain of salt. But the offense consistently moved the ball, mostly didn't beat themselves and "made plays" all game long. The D was definitely behind the O after one game. And if you like OL play, re-watch this game when ESPN replays it. 71 and 74 were moving guys and 53 was really good. OK - I'll stop badgering you about my team. Cheers!

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The offense was a revelation for me. 5 new starters on the OL, new QB and new TE (who was a DE until the spring), and they averaged over 6.5/carry against a Stanford D that is usually pretty stout. They had lost a few guys to injury and opt-out so we have to take everything from that game with a grain of salt. But the offense consistently moved the ball, mostly didn't beat themselves and "made plays" all game long. The D was definitely behind the O after one game. And if you like OL play, re-watch this game when ESPN replays it. 71 and 74 were moving guys and 53 was really good. OK - I'll stop badgering you about my team. Cheers!
    No cheers here. We are in a stupid conference not playing football. We need Phil Knight to make us his new hobby and get us out of this subdivision

Defenses are getting gashed in 2020.

I watched film session on the game and their were so many pancakes. They are so physical. Shough is a slippery son of a bitch.

It’s really disappointing not to play NDSU.

Oregon down 19 - 14 at half against Washington State.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    Oregon down 19 - 14 at half against Washington State.
    I don't believe you. All the ducks fans have been telling us for months this is a top 4 team.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk