Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    Fingers crossed!
    Great album.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

https://twitter.com/pff_college/stat...493541376?s=21

Something’s gotta give

There are so many reasons to love this matchup.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

As in "shuck the ball before you get clobbered!"
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

All bravado aside, I'm concerned about our defense in this game. I know that their offense has some big shoes to fill but I feel like our incoming front 7 is the weakest that we've had for awhile and will need a little time to gel. I can't help but be frustrated by Jabrill's departure. Fucker. (Just kidding.)

On offense, I feel like their corners will be able to shut down most of the deep passing game and if they double CW, Trey will have a hard time finding open WR's. I really like Pheonix but don't see him as the elite talent that Watson is. If Oregon's DL is really disciplined, Trey will have a hard time bailing on the pass and tucking it to run. I feel like in order for the Bison have big success, we'll need to have a really active TE passing game to open things up high and low.

One thing about Oregon's defense, however, is that they aren't always assignment sound. I saw it in every game of theirs that I watched last season, which was most of them. They just have so much athleticism that they recover extremely well. Perhaps our boys can take advantage of that.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    All bravado aside, I'm concerned about our defense in this game. I know that their offense has some big shoes to fill but I feel like our incoming front 7 is the weakest that we've had for awhile and will need a little time to gel. I can't help but be frustrated by Jabrill's departure. Fucker. (Just kidding.)

On offense, I feel like their corners will be able to shut down most of the deep passing game and if they double CW, Trey will have a hard time finding open WR's. I really like Pheonix but don't see him as the elite talent that Watson is. If Oregon's DL is really disciplined, Trey will have a hard time bailing on the pass and tucking it to run. I feel like in order for the Bison have big success, we'll need to have a really active TE passing game to open things up high and low.

One thing about Oregon's defense, however, is that they aren't always assignment sound. I saw it in every game of theirs that I watched last season, which was most of them. They just have so much athleticism that they recover extremely well. Perhaps our boys can take advantage of that.
    I would love to see our big TE’s used big time along with Seth, Kobe, & Jalen Bussey, they will NOT stop us continuously. We will score at least 21 points minimum, I will wager 1000.00 on that!

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Bison View Post
    I would love to see our big TE’s used big time along with Seth, Kobe, & Jalen Bussey, they will NOT stop us continuously. We will score at least 21 points minimum, I will wager 1000.00 on that!
    The way you play the game, 21 points is the ceiling. Oregon will make you drive 13 plays. There won’t be enough clock for more.

The Oregon defense was scratching the surface last year and was great. This year the defense will be elite. The best talent on the defense were first year rotational players. Mykael Wright and Kayvon Thibodeaux are first round talents. Mase Funa at OLB is a 260 wrecking ball. Brandon Dorlus just kept inserting himself in the DL rotation and played his best against UTAH and Wisconsin. I expect all four to take a big leap forward.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post

CW has elite speed but would you consider him an elite route runner? Seems like he lives on go and seam routes because everyone can’t stop your run.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    CW has elite speed but would you consider him an elite route runner? Seems like he lives on go and seam routes because everyone can’t stop your run.
    Right. Because that the scheme. Not sure what the question is given our scheme(s). The guy gets fantastic separation, very often. Everyone absolutely must respect his speed and having him run deep a lot of the time is just as good as blocking on the edge. He takes the corner and sometimes a high safety out of position for the run game. The awesome thing is that he's a pretty good blocker, very tenacious. We had a ton of long running plays last year where he was completely occupying his guy 30, 40, and 50 yards downfield. The dude is a stud. Not sure why he isn't on your team. Maybe it is his haircut...

If there was a flaw anywhere in Trey's work last year, it was recognizing/anticipating Watson's moment of separation before it happened and sometimes similar issues to the slot receiver running around in the middle of the field.
    Insert something clever here...