Page 17 of 109 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post

I am excited to have good experienced skill players for Shough. Our skill players are the most talented we’ve seen in a long time.
    Sorry in advance to use your post to make an example out of something that really chaps my hide.

I absolutely hate the term - "skill player". The term assumes that guys on the line are less skilled. I guaran fucking ty you that it takes more skill for a 300 pound guard to pull across the line, stepping through the QB's space and taking out a DE before the RB gets there than almost anything that we ask a WR to do. Don't even get me started with how talented C's, OT's, DT's, NG's, and DE's have to be for a team to succeed.

This term has so permeated the game that it affects the kids just learning. My 7th-8th grade team always has a bunch of kids coming in where daddy thinks he's a special skill player but he's really built for the line. The earlier we get to those kids, the more time they get understanding how enormously important they are to the success of the team. We really celebrate our OL and DL. We give them extra benefits. I kick any of our team's coaches in the ass if they ever use the term "skilled player". I usually only have to do it once a season.

Sorry, tirade done. Carry on.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    How do you pronounce Shough?

Shoe? Sho? Show rhymes with ow? Shuff?
    The pronunciation has the "ough" making the "uck" sound.

"Shuck"

I think that this guy looks fantastic on the video that I've seen.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Sorry in advance to use your post to make an example out of something that really chaps my hide.

I absolutely hate the term - "skill player". The term assumes that guys on the line are less skilled. I guaran fucking ty you that it takes more skill for a 300 pound guard to pull across the line, stepping through the QB's space and taking out a DE before the RB gets there than almost anything that we ask a WR to do. Don't even get me started with how talented C's, OT's, DT's, NG's, and DE's have to be for a team to succeed.

This term has so permeated the game that it affects the kids just learning. My 7th-8th grade team always has a bunch of kids coming in where daddy thinks he's a special skill player but he's really built for the line. The earlier we get to those kids, the more time they get understanding how enormously important they are to the success of the team. We really celebrate our OL and DL. We give them extra benefits. I kick any of our team's coaches in the ass if they ever use the term "skilled player". I usually only have to do it once a season.

I am a fiend for O line play. Games are won and lost, more often than not, on the O line. All NDSU fans should recognize that, even if we have had a very, very long string of high level QB play and great defense. I'm always rooting for my NFL teams to take a tackle or center in the first round, with few exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post

I wish we had more 'skill posters' on Covidvill....errr, I mean Bisonville.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Pretty sure it’s “show,” as in “show me the door.”
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Then again, could be “Shoe,” as in “the other shoe drops.”

Another possibility could be “Shuff,” as in “Shuffle him out the back door.”

Lots of possibilities...

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Wow, is he on Heisman watch lists already?
    You're thinking about Trey Lance again...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I am a fiend for O line play. Games are won and lost, more often than not, on the O line. All NDSU fans should recognize that, even if we have had a very, very long string of high level QB play and great defense. I'm always rooting for my NFL teams to take a tackle or center in the first round, with few exceptions.
    The line play is where it’s at but I’ve learned the last few years that mediocre WR and HB matter too. We’ve had great oline play but WR and HB play has stymied us. Oline play will always be emphasized by Cristobal.

I saw the tv networks today extended their June 1 deadline for games.