Page 51 of 109 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Welcome to the Midwest where if you don't like it(or don't agree) you can leave.

Never ceases to amaze me how often this argument is brought up in the midwest in all conversations where there is differences of opinion. Lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    That's a common Mike FcFeely argument if you disagree with him, "blah blah, then just unfollow me if you don't like it!" It's like no man, I find a lot of your stuff interesting and entertaining, I just disagree on this particular topic.

Unfortunately, I've noticed Dom has started to take this approach. He gets really bent out of shape when some have told him to "stick to sports". Personally, I don't care if he covers other topics and if I don't find them interesting, I just skip ahead in the podcast...no worries. Last week, however, I felt like a good portion of the show was lecturing his listeners on what topics they should enjoy. Weird way to treat your customers, but whatever. I still listen to and follow him because I think he does a fantastic job, but I could do without the yelling lectures lately. I hope he's ok, he seems off to me.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DuckLurker View Post
    I agree. A Duck fan says something argumentative and is met with insults. I think you're spot on. If you don't want polite discourse from opposing fans, don't let them on your board. Our version of discourse may seem condescending to you, but I assure you that goes both ways.
    Lol. Ok ok... let me get this straight... A bunch of Duck fans come on our board to tell us how much better their players are and how badly they are going to beat us because they’re “the most elite team we’ve ever played,” and we’re the ones being condescending?

That’s called “defending ourselves over and over against a tired mantra we hear every time we play another ‘elite’ team.” If I have to use some colorful imagery to point out your insightful football analysis as nothing more than Duck player worship, and you interpret it as condescending, that’s your problem.

This would be condescending: You’re stupid.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I’m still very concerned there won’t be any football this fall.

Dr. Anthony Fauci warns, 'Football may not happen this year' https://sports.yahoo.com/dr-anthony-...140035502.html
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post

Dr. Anthony Fauci warns, 'Football may not happen this year' https://sports.yahoo.com/dr-anthony-...140035502.html
    I'm convinced that both collegiate and professional programs continue to push forward with optimism and due caution. All this continues until the first player, coach, official or other closely affiliated party is sickened enough to require hospitalization, if that day ever comes. Then it is likely to be full stop I think.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Welcome to the Midwest where if you don't like it(or don't agree) you can leave.

Never ceases to amaze me how often this argument is brought up in the midwest in all conversations where there is differences of opinion. Lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post

Strong words from an expert batting .0000 since March

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    They just need to stop predicting 3 months out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Are the ducks on campus yet? Are they doing any organized workouts as a team yet? Getting a new offense on the same page with very little off season is going to be a big challenge for them to overcome.
    Yes. Everyone will have reported back, been tested and working out (assuming test comes back negative) by Friday.

I agree, thankfully 6 week preseason camp adds 50% more reps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I'm convinced that both collegiate and professional programs continue to push forward with optimism and due caution. All this continues until the first player, coach, official or other closely affiliated party is sickened enough to require hospitalization, if that day ever comes. Then it is likely to be full stop I think.
    Unfortunately I think it’s highly likely there are no fans at games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Unfortunately he seems to be the only expert with a voice.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.