Page 69 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

Default Re: NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Also, try “not irrelevant” next time. Let’s hope Duck players are as bad at football as Duck fans are at grammar.
    You got me. I typed not on accident twice. It’s obviously bad grammar.

FFS...that’s when I know you’ve conceded the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckLurker View Post
    Everyone says "Duck fans" ... even "Duck fans". But shouldn't it be "Ducks fans" (with the "s"). We're the Oregon Ducks, not the Oregon Duck? We're fans of "The Ducks" not fans of "The Duck" (although "The Duck" is the best mascot in CFB). It's a bit pedantic but since you brought up grammar, what better time to settle this once and for all? And what better place than on a NDSU board?
    Ha awesome! You must stay here to help mediate some other questions so we can all give back to society!

There's a 0% chance of this game happening right now unless Lakes gets off his ass and DOES SOMETHING.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Everyone says "Duck fans" ... even "Duck fans". But shouldn't it be "Ducks fans" (with the "s"). We're the Oregon Ducks, not the Oregon Duck? We're fans of "The Ducks" not fans of "The Duck" (although "The Duck" is the best mascot in CFB). It's a bit pedantic but since you brought up grammar, what better time to settle this once and for all? And what better place than on a NDSU board?
    I think most of this thread sounds more like ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKSU82afy1w

It may be no surprise, but "Bison" (pronounced with a z) is the best mascot in CFB. The z gives it a harder, more dominating sound, apropos of our playing style. Also, and more apt to your talking points, the plural of "Bison" is "Bison." It doesn't matter what Howard University thinks.

Boom. Case closed.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    You got me. I typed not on accident twice. It’s obviously bad grammar.

FFS...that’s when I know you’ve conceded the argument.
    I have conceded nothing. When I start criticizing grammar, that's when you KNOW I'm getting serious.

Nay, I have only begun to fight.

Also... The only time I'm familiar with duck is when I talk about how much I'm going to enjoy eating it, when I exclaim, "man, I love duck." I don't say "man, I love ducks," or "I love a duck," or "I love the ducks"... duck is not singular in this case, but plural, as I enjoy consuming the plural flesh of ducks.

It will be exactly the same, on many levels, when the Bison consume duck on gameday.

Boom. Roasted duck.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Also... The only time I'm familiar with duck is when I talk about how much I'm going to enjoy eating it, when I exclaim, "man, I love duck." I don't say "man, I love ducks," or "I love a duck," or "I love the ducks"... duck is not singular in this case, but plural, as I enjoy consuming the plural flesh of ducks.

It will be exactly the same, on many levels, when the Bison consume duck on gameday.

Boom. Roasted duck.
    Well, now I have a plan for my tailgate. Buffalo burgers and duck breast. (not that there will be any tailgating, even if the game does happen).

Well, now I have a plan for my tailgate. Buffalo burgers and duck breast. (not that there will be any tailgating, even if the game does happen).
    Tailgating is where the heart is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    There's a 0% chance of this game happening right now unless Lakes gets off his ass and DOES SOMETHING.
    It looks that way, unfortunately.