Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What happens to NCAA football after Covid19?

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: What happens to NCAA football after Covid19?

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    I will never forgive China.
    Don't trust China. China is asshoe.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    It is devastating the economy and possible it takes years to recover. Even if sports are played, attendance will be down and likely donations.
    By 'it' I assume you mean COVID-19.

In my mind, the 'it' is decisions by political leaders and to some extent business owners.
    They are reacting to COVID-19, but how they react is a choice.
    Admittedly, say in the meat processing business, business owners are compelled to shut-down until their employees recover from COVID-19.
    The upside for them is that when employees recover (and the vast majority will, perhaps all if they are fortunate), they will have a disease-resistant work force.

covid as accelerant.

I bet that one-fourth of all NCAA/NAIA football teams never play another game.

Will Western Illinois field a team? Indiana State?
    All the HBCUs? Tiny privates? (not what you're thinking, Izzy)

College sports have become entertainment and entertainment is nonessential. I'm happy to keep giving to Team Makers for scholarships, but don't plan on tailgating for at least a year, maybe two.

Demand for tickets is going to drop like a rock. Concerns about covid, but mostly lost income and wealth.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    By 'it' I assume you mean COVID-19.

In my mind, the 'it' is decisions by political leaders and to some extent business owners.
    They are reacting to COVID-19, but how they react is a choice.
    Admittedly, say in the meat processing business, business owners are compelled to shut-down until their employees recover from COVID-19.
    The upside for them is that when employees recover (and the vast majority will, perhaps all if they are fortunate), they will have a disease-resistant work force.
    That's not a certainty.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

One problem with Akron's and North Dakota's approach is that everyone cuts off a limb and goes around handicapped, often better off that you eliminate an organization entirely.

Ohio has a crazy big research university system, it used to have 11 history phds between publics and privates.

ND could easily eliminate the administrative apparatus at all but one tech school/community college, and one four-year school. This could actually be in the cards, if things get as bad as they look like they will.
    Last edited by Bison bison; 05-07-2020 at 08:18 PM.

KTF is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    I will never forgive China.
    Please check your facts... This virus did not originate in a lab in China...
    A human fart can be louder THAN A TUBA, I discovered that at my daughters school concert.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KTF View Post
    China is asshoe.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    China is asshoe.
    Fuck China and fuck Boise State.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by KTF View Post

No. But the outbreak likely did.