Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Future NFL Bison

Default Future NFL Bison

I know some of you will hate this thread but I don’t really care. The Trey thing has blown up. Jabril has transferred. Time to start talking like the big boys do.

Having said that, current players I would SPECULATE on NFL status..

Trey Lance - Seems a lock for 1st round. Everything has been said in the other thread but I will guess right now that Trey is the #1 pick in the 2022 draft. That’s 2022, not next year. Just a hunch but I think he would want to graduate and it would be hard to pass Lawrence and Fields this year. Much more likely he could go 1 the following year.

Dillon Radunz - 1st round possible 2021, won’t go lower than 4th. I think his athleticism is far better than Turner, Haeg and Cornick, alll NFL guys. If he goes another year without giving up a sack and doing what he’s done...sky is the limit

Christian Watson - There is a world where CW rips it up and is a 1st round pick. If Trey was throwing deep, it was usually because CW was wide open. He’s a sick talent that got better as the season went on. If he thinks he can run in the 4.4s, and he probably can, don’t be surprised if he’s gone early.

Josh Babicz - The size and athleticism for an NFL TE. A lot of ball to be played but his upside is 2-3 round.

Kobe Johnson - 2 more years to check his skills but I’ve seen enough to think he will be a mid round pick.

Spencer Waege - It’s time for him to be the man. If he keeps improving the next two years he could be a mid round pick

Seniors this coming year:
    Cordell Volson - If he could improve foot speed, could be late round. Probably UDFA.
    Karson Schoening - Would need a great year to be considered for draft. Has good upside.
    Aaron Mercadel - If he flashes this year, could be a practice squad guy

Other guys that(don’t worry) won’t go out early but COULD be NFL guys:

Phoenix Sproles - Gets better every game. If he can keep it up, he might be a mid to late round pick.
    Seth Wilson - Man, that injury sucked. We will see, if he comes back full I think he can make a team.
    Noah Gindorff - The half blocker, half receiver thing is en Vogue now. That should get a look but probably UDFA

Young Studs:
    Jalen Sundell - His upside is limitless but he hasn’t proven anything...yet
    Will and Eli Mostert - I won’t do them the disservice of picking one. Both huge and prospects. Fight it out.
    Luke Weerts - Not typical NFL size. Could be a tackle machine and competitor that finds a way on a squad.

I hope this thread can be about legit NFL BISON prospects. I get that some people will hate labeling prospects NFL talent before or while they are on campus. To those folk I say find another thread to bitch: This is for the people that felt Trey was an NFL talent from seeing his high school film.
    Last edited by bison_by_blood; 05-06-2020 at 10:19 AM.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Future NFL Bison

The guys I currently see on the roster that have a good shot at getting drafted are Trey, Radunz, Volson, Christian, Waege. Guys with some work to do yet for me. Gindorff, Babicz, Sproles, and Wilson.
    There are a hand full that are too young and inexperienced to list as possible pro prospects. Mostert Twins, Sundell, Weerts, Kobe.

I see Clark having a relatively good year this year and a big year next year. His senior year will make or break it for him in my opinion. Just needs to get on the field. Still would like to see 1-2 possibly 3 backs playing in a game rather than 25.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    The guys I currently see on the roster that have a good shot at getting drafted are Trey, Radunz, Volson, Christian, Waege. Guys with some work to do yet for me. Gindorff, Babicz, Sproles, and Wilson.
    There are a hand full that are too young and inexperienced to list as possible pro prospects. Mostert Twins, Sundell, Weerts, Kobe.

I see Clark having a relatively good year this year and a big year next year. His senior year will make or break it for him in my opinion. Just needs to get on the field. Still would like to see 1-2 possibly 3 backs playing in a game rather than 25.
    Hey if Trey leaves early maybe that team signs his center to the practice squad! He's a little small. Volson is a monster. Man that kid grew.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    I know some of you will hate this thread but I don’t really care. The Trey thing has blown up. Jabril has transferred. Time to start talking like the big boys do.

Having said that, current players I would SPECULATE on NFL status..

Trey Lance - Seems a lock for 1st round. Everything has been said in the other thread but I will guess right now that Trey is the #1 pick in the 2022 draft. That’s 2022, not next year. Just a hunch but I think he would want to graduate and it would be hard to pass Lawrence and Fields this year. Much more likely he could go 1 the following year.

Dillon Radunz - 1st round possible 2021, won’t go lower than 4th. I think his athleticism is far better than Turner, Haeg and Cornick, alll NFL guys. If he goes another year without giving up a sack and doing what he’s done...sky is the limit

Christian Watson - There is a world where CW rips it up and is a 1st round pick. If Trey was throwing deep, it was usually because CW was wide open. He’s a sick talent that got better as the season went on. If he thinks he can run in the 4.4s, and he probably can, don’t be surprised if he’s gone early.

Josh Babicz - The size and athleticism for an NFL TE. A lot of ball to be played but his upside is 2-3 round.

Kobe Johnson - 2 more years to check his skills but I’ve seen enough to think he will be a mid round pick.

Spencer Waege - It’s time for him to be the man. If he keeps improving the next two years he could be a mid round pick

Seniors this coming year:
    Cordell Volson - If he could improve foot speed, could be late round. Probably UDFA.
    Karson Schoening - Would need a great year to be considered for draft. Has good upside.
    Aaron Mercadel - If he flashes this year, could be a practice squad guy

Other guys that(don’t worry) won’t go out early but COULD be NFL guys:

Phoenix Sproles - Gets better every game. If he can keep it up, he might be a mid to late round pick.
    Seth Wilson - Man, that injury sucked. We will see, if he comes back full I think he can make a team.
    Noah Gindorff - The half blocker, half receiver thing is en Vogue now. That should get a look but probably UDFA

Young Studs:
    Jalen Sundell - His upside is limitless but he hasn’t proven anything...yet
    Will and Eli Mostert - I won’t do them the disservice of picking one. Both huge and prospects. Fight it out.
    Luke Weerts - Not typical NFL size. Could be a tackle machine and competitor that finds a way on a squad.

I hope this thread can be about legit NFL BISON prospects. I get that some people will hate labeling prospects NFL talent before or while they are on campus. To those folk I say find another thread to bitch: This is for the people that felt Trey was an NFL talent from seeing his high school film.
    I don’t think Mercadel has any chance of making an nfl team imo. I think trey is gone after this year unfortunately.

I love this thread.

Carry on...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

If Trey goes early- what does this do to NDSU recruiting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I expect to see drafted:

Lance
    Radunz
    Watson

Bubble Draft probably UDFA:

Gindorff
    Babicz

Everyone else is more likely camp invites.

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post

I think the QB room will alright if Trey leaves after next year....on paper anyway. Graetz was originally committed to the B1G/Gophs, albeit a walk-on spot, Miller ended up being the highest rated kid we've landed, although stars don't mean dick, and the Payton kid who just committed has a huge upside. Only problem is, the hypothetical new starter in 2021 will have most likely not logged one minute of playing time, even in mop up duty, as those will all be relegated to Zeb again. So, while the talent level is high, the replacement is going to be extremely green, whomever it ends up being.

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post

Nothing. Guess I don't understand your question why would our recruiting change? We try to get a QB every year anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Nothing. Guess I don't understand your question why would our recruiting change? We try to get a QB every year anyway.
    IF Lance were to go this early I think NDSU becomes insanely more attractive to kids with NFL talent. And more accessible than big schools that have early draft kids occur with multiple 5 stars vying to start.

This would be a big positive for NDSU in the current climate. Less guys go to LSU etc. potentially also.