Page 85 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Should be a full fledged competition for the starting job this spring and let the best player win. Cam regressed this season IMO, he has had plenty of opportunity to improve his game time to put up or shut up as they say. Of course the other players and coaches need to improve their game as well!
    Should be a competition for OC too eh.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Should be a competition for OC too eh.
    Kevin wins that competition in his sleep.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Kevin wins that competition in his sleep.
    Help me out please, my memory is a bit weak here: does Kevin have some twelve man formations for the O side? Or is that just on D?
    Last edited by GreenfieldBison; 01-16-2023 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Should have been purple font
    Don't believe everything you think.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

While clearly our QB play was suffering this year and really the last 3 years, I have absolutely no idea why so many of you see CP as the savior at the QB position. What exactly have you seen because I've seen none of it. Not a bit. Only hearsay from people that don't really know. In fact, I've seen the opposite for the most part. It seems that so many here are just upset that Cam isn't Easton and just want change rather than there being anything at all to Cole being spectacular.

If someone has any VERIFIABLE information on how awesome Cole is, please share it. Just in case you were planning to share a single cherry-picked tweet where CP through a long ball in practice against air, that doesn't mean shit. The only time I've seen him through a ball when distressed, it was an INT in the endzone and it completely changed the momentum of a game that we were killing the eventual champions.
    Insert something clever here...

[QUOTE=OrygunBison;1606010]While clearly our QB play was suffering this year and really the last 3 years, I have absolutely no idea why so many of you see CP as the savior at the QB position. What exactly have you seen because I've seen none of it. Not a bit. Only hearsay from people that don't really know. In fact, I've seen the opposite for the most part. It seems that so many here are just upset that Cam isn't Easton and just want change rather than there being anything at all to Cole being spectacular.

If someone has any VERIFIABLE information on how awesome Cole is, please share it. Just in case you were planning to share a single cherry-picked tweet where CP through a long ball in practice against air, that doesn't mean shit. The only time I've seen him through a ball when distressed, it was an INT in the endzone and it completely changed the momentum of a game that we were killing the eventual champions.[/QUOTS

So that is your sample size? Give the kid the keys. If you want LEADERSHIP. The team to get on a kids back. an elite athlete that can really hurt you in multiple ways.......then you make that move. Asking a kid to come into a game. Make a throw with about 18 seconds of notice. "Hey, go in there and run that pass play that we worked on two weeks ago." That isn't fair. He has done everything he was asked to do and then some. His leadership is awesome
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    For this past season Cole Peyton only had the one interception in the SDSU game. He was 8 of 12 in passing. He ran 38 times for 7.5 yards per carry. Much better average per carry than Cam. And passing completion percentage slightly better than Cam.
    So he throws a pick every 12 passes? Not ideal.

Maybe he's awesome. Who knows i guess
    College of Business Alumnus

Cole is the prototype NDSU QB. Something lacking physically since Lance was drafted. That's why people want to see him under center because he has the physical talent and we want to see if that translates to success on the field.

[/QUOTE]
    So that is your sample size? Give the kid the keys. If you want LEADERSHIP. The team to get on a kids back. an elite athlete that can really hurt you in multiple ways.......then you make that move. Asking a kid to come into a game. Make a throw with about 18 seconds of notice. "Hey, go in there and run that pass play that we worked on two weeks ago." That isn't fair. He has done everything he was asked to do and then some. His leadership is awesome[/QUOTE]

I agree there were several times the decisions by O staff on how to use him were just baffling, not to mention no chance for him to get a feel for tempo of game nor be in rhythm with the O as a whole.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    So he throws a pick every 12 passes? Not ideal.

Maybe he's awesome. Who knows i guess
    . So some of you elite minds at Bisonville want to judge Cole's capabilities on 12 passes over 15 games? Wow, genius! He did pretty well to complete 8 of those 12 when playing with the 2nd and 3rd string in garbage time with 0,1 or 2 chances to throw in each game. Yep, lots of opportunity to show what he has for passing skills. What a joke the way our coaches evaluate game talent. And Cam gets to start because what? He won a natty where Luepke ran and scored a bunch. And think about it, Cam went 1 for 12 in a D1 football game because he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Yet Cole can come in and run 2 or 3 times a game when everyone knows our brilliant coaches are going to make him run every time and he still gets 7.5 yards per carry! I know Cole can throw better than Cam or Quincy as I watched them practice more than a year ago. Then I doubt Cole knew much of the offense, but he knows it now!

So that is your sample size? Give the kid the keys. If you want LEADERSHIP. The team to get on a kids back. an elite athlete that can really hurt you in multiple ways.......then you make that move. Asking a kid to come into a game. Make a throw with about 18 seconds of notice. "Hey, go in there and run that pass play that we worked on two weeks ago." That isn't fair. He has done everything he was asked to do and then some. His leadership is awesome
    How do you know this about his leadership? Do you have some inside knowledge? I'm mostly neutral but a little bit with @OrygunBison mostly for the reason you give here: sample size. I just have not seen enough (for me) of Cole to determine whether he is a better all around player at the position or not. I surely believe he is a superior runner, that much I think I have seen. But passing, reading defense, optioning, etc. I guess I don't know and for this whole year I have been giving the benefit of the doubt to those who see practices every day.

Problem is (for me), after that showing down in Frisco I'm harboring more doubts than confidence in those folks. To be clear I'm not in any way hanging that loss on Cam. I think there is plenty of attribution to go around on the Bison side and plenty of kudos to go around on the Bunny side.
    Don't believe everything you think.