Page 81 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

Default Re: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Does anyone really believe Cam would be the 4th Bison QB to be drafted into the NFL? It could be decades before we have another. We have been very fortunate and our fans are spoiled! Our offense has become way too predictable and stagnant. That’s on the coaching staff.

Defensively, in the first game of the year when Drake ran the ball down the field for a TD on their first possession, we should have been worried. Worst Bison defense in well over a decade!
    Nope. I dont think anyone thought that. But he could be a good QB. Thats all I was hoping for.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Does anyone really believe Cam would be the 4th Bison QB to be drafted into the NFL? It could be decades before we have another. We have been very fortunate and our fans are spoiled! Our offense has become way too predictable and stagnant. That’s on the coaching staff.

Defensively, in the first game of the year when Drake ran the ball down the field for a TD on their first possession, we should have been worried. Worst Bison defense in well over a decade!
    I thought this was QB U and Randy was the quarterback whisperer?
    Maybe he only whispered into ears of guys who were super talented and their success had nothing to do with him...hmmmmm
    Kind of Like Tyler calling plays for NFL players and then he doesn't have one, and he doesn't know what the hell to do.
    Makes a person think.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I thought this was QB U and Randy was the quarterback whisperer?
    Maybe he only whispered into ears of guys who were super talented and their success had nothing to do with him...hmmmmm
    Kind of Like Tyler calling plays for NFL players and then he doesn't have one, and he doesn't know what the hell to do.
    Makes a person think.....
    Part of coaching is recruiting and Hedberg's been here recruiting those NFL QB's. Last one was so good he left after basically his sophomore season from an FCS school which is bonkers. It's my opinion we are still trying to recover from Lance's unexpected early exit. NDSU was lucky to have a regular and predictable progression of starting QB's that got messed up when Lance left earlier than any sane person would have guessed.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Part of coaching is recruiting and Hedberg's been here recruiting those NFL QB's. Last one was so good he left after basically his sophomore season from an FCS school which is bonkers. It's my opinion we are still trying to recover from Lance's unexpected early exit. NDSU was lucky to have a regular and predictable progression of starting QB's that got messed up when Lance left earlier than any sane person would have guessed.
    Fair enough, I agree with the Lance leaving early catching us off guard.
    But his replacement was supposed to be Cam or Cole, and it doesn't look like either of them are more than 15-20th best QB's in FCS, which isn't exactly exciting considering the average talent level in this division at QB.
    I'm not sure Randy actually got Carson, Easton and Trey to come here, because I don't know if he actually goes into the home and recruits hard, but I'd bet he got lucky more than he had some sort of exceptional skill at making QB's NFL worthy.

But his replacement was supposed to be Cam or Cole, and it doesn't look like either of them are more than 15-20th best QB's in FCS, which isn't exactly exciting considering the average talent level in this division at QB.
    I'm not sure Randy actually got Carson, Easton and Trey to come here, because I don't know if he actually goes into the home and recruits hard, but I'd bet he got lucky more than he had some sort of exceptional skill at making QB's NFL worthy.
    Cole was supposed to be next starter. Lance left too early so Cam had to and he further complicated things by winning a Natty. #BisonProblems

NDSU_grad is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hedberg recruits North Dakota.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Cole was supposed to be next starter. Lance left too early so Cam had to and he further complicated things by winning a Natty. #BisonProblems
    I bet Jaren Lewis is sure kicking himself for flipping his commitment!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    Hedberg recruits North Dakota.
    QB coach is involved in QB recruiting regardless of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU View Post
    Portal is there.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU View Post
    Jaren Lewis recently portaled to the other KState
    Kent State - from Kansas State

Also, in regards to depth questions behind Trey Lance - Cam Miller was a 3 star recruit, one of the higher ever for NDSU.