Page 48 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Not really....Wentz was an opinion, everybody had one, turned out his wasn't the one Klieman went with. Like I said just his personal opinion, as another poster said earlier PL didn't know that Wentz had been practicing. Adjusting as an OL to a new QB is something he has personal experience with.
    People are also painting a revisionist history. Before the game we were told Wentz was healthy, and some believed that and some didn't. Some believed his wrist would be nagging. It's really easy to say "See I was right!" 6 years later, but at the time it was a judgement call. Kleiman saying "no real decision" is just coach speak.

The truth is, Easton would have also won that game by multiple touchdowns.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    More like some say the linemen, TEs and fullbacks who jumped are responsible for their own mistakes. The usual crew with their axes to grind particularly about the OC, want to blame it on him giving Quincy a few snaps. They seem to be the ones making more out of that decision even some stupid shit about making players happy like it's some handout to QP?
    Seriously dude. Quit while you're only a little behind.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Klieman disagreed. Flat out said it was a no brainer. Look it up. He didn't need to consider it for a second.
    Coaches say aaaaaalllllllll kinds of things. He made the decision, and put his full support behind Wentz. Anything less would be dereliction of his duties.

I still don’t know what’s going on in this thread but Cole should start.

On Friday.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post

On Friday.
    I'm sure it's ultra one way vs ultra the other way bro. Cool kids vs computer dork eh. CAS wasn't needed here. Painting was involved.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    People are also painting a revisionist history. Before the game we were told Wentz was healthy, and some believed that and some didn't. Some believed his wrist would be nagging. It's really easy to say "See I was right!" 6 years later, but at the time it was a judgement call. Kleiman saying "no real decision" is just coach speak.

The truth is, Easton would have also won that game by multiple touchdowns.
    Maybe, but I'm not as confident of that as you seem to be. Going strictly on recall here, the single pass that Easton threw in that game, to Carson, was pretty weak and short and picked IIRC. This was definitely not the same Easton we saw after another off season with Kramer et. al.

Still, you may be correct but I bet the game would have looked quite a bit different. Carson carved those chickens up with his arm talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post

On Friday.
    Pretty sure he has already been named the starting Clipboard Commander for this tilt. Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Coaches say aaaaa.alllllllll kinds of things. He made the decision, and put his full support behind Wentz. Anything less would be dereliction of his duties.
    I agree, not playing Wentz would have been dereliction of duty

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Nope nobody is blaming the QB. But a QB makes a difference thats all that was said. But the usual jackasses made it out to more than what what was intended.
    Its what they do.
    Exactly this! It's not the fault of the QB/Wildcat. It's a byproduct of a change of pace/cadence, that adds an unnecessary level of complexity at times.

Would be so much easier to just play the most gifted guy on the roster with the biggest calves.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes