Page 34 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

Default Re: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    This^^. You won’t get a substantive response tho. My position: Cole is gonna be solid, and don’t use his 4 games unless we have to. He will be serviceable this year if and when we need to use him. We have had situations in the past where we had to go deep into QB depth chart (Notorious), so let’s leave Cole alone for now.
    If he truly was the best option though, I’d 100% play him now.

1.) there is a significant loss of talent after this year
    2.) in today’s age (transfer rules), I think the chance of a redshirt plus 4 year starter stint will no longer happen for a “stud QB” (assuming he is good as a starter)

I think you play the best players you have now. I get that goes against the grain of what NDSU has done as a “development program”….but the game is changing.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    If he truly was the best option though, I’d 100% play him now.

1.) there is a significant loss of talent after this year
    2.) in today’s age (transfer rules), I think the chance of a redshirt plus 4 year starter stint will no longer happen for a “stud QB” (assuming he is good as a starter)

I think you play the best players you have now. I get that goes against the grain of what NDSU has done as a “development program”….but the game is changing.
    I have to, reluctantly, agree with the “game is changing” comment, but that’s also a good reason to make a QB switch anytime anywhere then.

But, we have no metrics to judge whether Cole is the best QB right now. We do, however, have enough of those to know that Cam is the better choice, right now.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    this one? prove me wrong russ

as I wake up today I pondered my analysis I went to bed with

as runners/scramblers
    1- Quincy
    1A- Cole
    2- Cam

passer:
    1- Cole
    2- Cam
    3 - Quincy

when you do this math, Cole would be a better option:

All 3 Run about the same, so let's find the BEST passer that can also run, right?

Cole should start
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Grizzled is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Cam is technically a redshirt freshman this year correct so Cole sits until he is a senior??

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    Cam is technically a redshirt freshman this year correct so Cole sits until he is a senior??
    In theory and reality, he doesn’t sit til SR if he is better, but in this day and age, and with this staff, he may. Hugs!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Last spring with Cam I heard on Bison 1660 that we never start true freshman, but in reality with all of the practices we had in the fall it was almost like he was already a redshirt freshman last spring as he didn't start right away in the spring. So in essence he had a good chunk of the fall and basically like spring practices by the time he actually started. So I personally counted him as a redshirt freshman last year and this year is kind like a sophomore season.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I have to, reluctantly, agree with the “game is changing” comment, but that’s also a good reason to make a QB switch anytime anywhere then.

But, we have no metrics to judge whether Cole is the best QB right now. We do, however, have enough of those to know that Cam is the better choice, right now.
    Right we don’t have any metrics to show that . I think the best player plays mentally is the way to go.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLE!!!!!

Ec8ch & Kevin were in charge of your present...

Hopefully your grandma got you one.
    (inside joke)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLE!!!!!

Ec8ch & Kevin were in charge of your present...

Hopefully your grandma got you one.
    (inside joke)
    Not really sure that is a joke. There is no doubt in my mind that you’d do whatever it took to form a relationship with Cole’s grandma.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Not really sure that is a joke. There is no doubt in my mind that you’d do whatever it took to form a relationship with Cole’s grandma.
    Zach Vraas Grandma was the original O.G. At the Joe Sensers Watch parties in the cities she was always rockin.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?