Page 24 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I can tell you never played serious, competitive sports.

Sometimes, even in competitive events, you don’t take that shot—>had ACL injury written all over it.

And I’m assuming he had a good, knowledgeable coach that didn’t play him much after that shit tackle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've had 2 knee reconstructions after being tackled like this 30+ years ago. To this day, I wear a ridiculous brace when I do serious hiking, play court sports or snowboard.

It's a stupid tackle for the defender as well. Really easy to get seriously hurt that way. The ball carrier can eventually walk away from that injury. A defender might not in the worst case scenario.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I've had 2 knee reconstructions after being tackled like this 30+ years ago. To this day, I wear a ridiculous brace when I do serious hiking, play court sports or snowboard.

It's a stupid tackle for the defender as well. Really easy to get seriously hurt that way. The ball carrier can eventually walk away from that injury. A defender might not in the worst case scenario.
    If the defender had any neck muscles or traps, he’s fine—no ligament damage. ACL for Cole could have been legit career ender.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Sometimes, even in competitive events, you don’t take that shot—>had ACL injury written all over it.

And I’m assuming he had a good, knowledgeable coach that didn’t play him much after that shit tackle.

Do you consider debate and jazz choir serious competitive sports.

If the defender had any neck muscles or traps, he’s fine—no ligament damage. ACL for Cole could have been legit career ender.

I know that these are athletes with a more elite bend to them but I also know that we teach our players to bring the head to the back side to avoid a knee to the noggin or a potential of neck compression. We also teach being in total body control as a part of the tackle progression. Much of our training has been to follow the methodology that the Seahawks train their guys with...head behind, wrap and gator roll if possible (which it could have been here with proper technique), preempted by all of the important (controlled) positional work that leads up to contact. Admittedly, I'm very much a novice at best and just coached youth but I'm also around the HS program a ton and see the same thing there. Maybe I'll need to look at it again but when I saw the tackle initially, I winced for the defender first.

I feel silly debating this with you. You have forgotten more football knowledge that I will ever know...

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Do you consider debate and jazz choir serious competitive sports.
    Only in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I know that these are athletes with a more elite bend to them but I also know that we teach our players to bring the head to the back side to avoid a knee to the noggin or a potential of neck compression. We also teach being in total body control as a part of the tackle progression. Much of our training has been to follow the methodology that the Seahawks train their guys with...head behind, wrap and gator roll if possible (which it could have been here with proper technique), preempted by all of the important (controlled) positional work that leads up to contact. Admittedly, I'm very much a novice at best and just coached youth but I'm also around the HS program a ton and see the same thing there. Maybe I'll need to look at it again but when I saw the tackle initially, I winced for the defender first.

I feel silly debating this with you. You have forgotten more football knowledge that I will ever know...
    Kid was taking bad angles the entire play and took another one right at the end and was about to get beat on the cutback. Dove and caught an ankle or Payton takes it to the house. Let's freak out about a tackle though.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Best football coach I ever had told me to bow my neck... You could take on a MAC truck... It might kill ya but you wont break your neck!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Yep. Our last high school game I was stuck going against two large kids with wrestling scholarships to Minnesota. I got my ass handed to me all game because I wouldn't go after knees or ankles. Might be the only time I took the "high road"....
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Yep. Our last high school game I was stuck going against two large kids with wrestling scholarships to Minnesota. I got my ass handed to me all game because I wouldn't go after knees or ankles. Might be the only time I took the "high road"....
    Let's be clear.... smart players always go low in a heads up tackle against a freight train. Stay low, keep head up and drive through the knees to thighs and wrap up. That is a clean play and injury risk is low.

It is taking shots at knees at angles or when defenseless that is terrible.

NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?