Page 117 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1384

Thread: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

Default Re: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    We were down to JMU going into the 4th quarter.
    SD is referring to last possession type of drives ......... like Arizona last year, like the bunny game 2 years ago, et al ......

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    SD is referring to last possession type of drives ......... like Arizona last year, like the bunny game 2 years ago, et al ......
    “Et al” or is that literally all…?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    it's ex cetra bro
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

"et al" is short for the Latin term "et alia" which means "and others". I listed two games where a last possession drive/score would have won the game, or put the Bison in a position for a FG to win. Too lazy to look up specific other games.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    "et al" is short for the Latin term "et alia" which means "and others". I listed two games where a last possession drive/score would have won the game, or put the Bison in a position for a FG to win. Too lazy to look up specific other games.
    Sorry, but yeah I do (surprisingly) know what “et al” means… I am actually challenging you (or anyone) to find another game (outside of the 2 mentioned) where the Bison lost because Cam Miller failed to convert a 4th quarter drive into points which directly led to our loss. I can’t think of any. And I can think of at least 2 examples of Cam doing the opposite leading to a win (2021 SIU and JMU)…

Kinda seems like the narrative of cAm CaN’t LeAd Us WhEn It CoUnTs is total bullshit.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sorry, but yeah I do (surprisingly) know what “et al” means… I am actually challenging you (or anyone) to find another game (outside of the 2 mentioned) where the Bison lost because Cam Miller failed to convert a 4th quarter drive into points which directly led to our loss. I can’t think of any. And I can think of at least 2 examples of Cam doing the opposite leading to a win (2021 SIU and JMU)…

Kinda seems like the narrative of cAm CaN’t LeAd Us WhEn It CoUnTs is total bullshit.
    I'm actually on your side on this one being I am very pro-Cam, but for the sake of argument, NDSU vs SHSU in quarterfinal loss in covid season.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    I'm actually on your side on this one being I am very pro-Cam, but for the sake of argument, NDSU vs SHSU in quarterfinal loss in covid season.
    Ah good one. Good example too as it was a poor pass near the red zone, too. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    NDSU took the lead in that one in the fourth though (just like the Arizona game.) In both games, the other team scored a TD on their next drive to take the lead back. I've always thought it's a little much to ask an offense to take two fourth quarter leads - I'm not sure NDSU has won many, if any, games like that in my lifetime. I mean, 2012 Georgia Southern and 2014 ISU-Red aren't wins if the other team scored on the next drive.

Cam replaced Quincy in the Mo State game and the offense scored 2 TDs in the fourth quarter to win. NDSU scored the winning points against JMU in the fourth. NDSU had to score twice in the 4th against UIW to win. NDSU had to score 2 TDs in the 4th to beat SIU in 2022. ISU-Blue 2022 - NDSU scored the winning TD late in the 4th. The key difference between the wins and the losses is that the defense made stops after NDSU scored (well, not ISU-Blue, but their TD was too little, too late.)

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    One of the best? Not better than Brock Trey Easton or Carson.

Is he better than Steve Walker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brock, Trey, Easton and Carson all played on Bison teams with a better defense and a power run game that could take over games. Now, I’m not saying Cam is better than these guys but he has to do more for the team to be successful.

Agreed. 100%

Also, we all like to believe in the “NDSU == QBU” narrative but in reality, are they? Yes three consecutive players were drafted. However their collective success at the next level is underwhelming.

OTOH, how many NDSU OL have achieved and maintained next level success in the same time frame? How much do those players deserve of the hype that landed on the QBs?
    Don't believe everything you think.