Page 92 of 139 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

Default Re: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    How do you know that that didn't happen last off season? We already know that before the previous 2 seasons Cam did NOT win the QB battle, causing the Zeb, then Quincy, experiments...which didn't work, mind you.

You guys just want to believe something so much that you'll manipulate every narrative to support your feelings rather than objectively looking at the situation. Nobody here knows whether or not Cole's truly been given a chance but past evidence shows that this coaching crew knows how to accept that their starting QB is replaceable if the on-field product is suffering and the guy on the bench is shining in practice.

Personally, I don't give a shit one way or another. I'm just waiting for someone to provide REAL evidence of Cole's superior ability because I haven't seen it. Until I do, I'll just assume that anyone spouting such unsubstantiated nonsense is simply following the Lakes model of prognosticating. Good luck with that guilt by association.
    Ideally you dont want a redshirt freshman to start unless its necessary but in the years its happened, the starter struggled big time. Stauss being replaced by Walker. Moehler being replaced by Jensen. Zeb being replaced by Cam. Quincy being replaced by Cam.

The last 2 years, Cam has never struggled big time. (i dont even count the Spring) He's been steady. He had 1 awful game, but Cole was injured

All I want is a competition. This will be Coles 3rd year in the program. This is when players are expected to take the next step

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by KC_Hats View Post
    Cam is a very good passer that throws an accurate ball. The offense needs to pass more if Cam is the QB and the passes need to be when the offense wants to pass the ball and not when the defense knows they have to pass the ball. I heard Entz mentioning that we need to improve the passing game and I hope he actually means that. It is great that we have such a great running game that for the most part we can win a bunch of games without really needing to pass but to truly become unstoppable on offense the defense needs to defend the entire field when the Bison are on offense.

A big problem with the Bison is they never pass in the games where the opponent is overwhelmed and that is when you should work on improving the timing of the passing offense. When they put in the backup in mop up duty they need to let him pass as well.

Go Bison!
    Cams accuracy is suspect. Quite often overthrows open receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    While I totally agree, the best defense is a fresh one sitting on the sideline watching a 9 minute drive. At times, our offense wore down our defense
    This is also true, but D line... That's where the bunnies out classes us the most. We need to be better and deeper there ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    66% completion percentage on the year and one terrible game. Blaming this season on cam is nonsense.
    Not to mention it was a second place finish which the rest of the country would sell their souls for and we want to fire the head coach , oc and national champion QB. [emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I'm more concerned about arm strength than accuracy. He's not a guy who is going to throw a lot of 18 yard outs or long bombs. He's accurate but when he is not, we struggle

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I'm more concerned about arm strength than accuracy. He's not a guy who is going to throw a lot of 18 yard outs or long bombs. He's accurate but when he is not, we struggle
    Hes been fine on the long throws. But the long out patterns he needs to stay away from.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

All I want is a competition. This will be Coles 3rd year in the program. This is when players are expected to take the next step
    How do you know that competition HASN'T happened. Perhaps, just perhaps, Cole hasn't beaten out Cam.

I don't know one way or another but you guys keep making these stupid statements as though coaches don't see what the damn professionals (you guys) see. You want to believe that he just hasn't had a chance yet and that's the only explanation as to why he hasn't taken the FCS by storm yet.
    Insert something clever here...

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxHockeyBisonFo View Post
    Jfc your schtick might be more annoying than the common man

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Teh university and teh coaches are teh stone eh.

You leave my schtick out of this eh.

You'll find out what a schtick slap is eh.

Lardsin must go!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Thought this was a competition eh.

Lardsin must go!

<RANT>
    I just don't get the "iron sharpens iron" stuff. No it does not.

To service my woodworking hobby I have acquired a collection of vintage and heirloom chisels and planes. To impart mirrored razor edges on those various irons I use a collection of sharpening implements, all made of some form of stone. Plus a lubricant.

The last thing in the world I want to introduce to one of those finely honed edges is another piece of metal.

It might sound good but it is a flawed analogy.
    </RANT>

Ok, I feel better. Apologies for the drift. Back to the discussion and schtick, eh.
    Don't believe everything you think.