Page 82 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

Default Re: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Jaren Lewis recently portaled to the other KState
    Kent State - from Kansas State

Also, in regards to depth questions behind Trey Lance - Cam Miller was a 3 star recruit, one of the higher ever for NDSU.
    Stars don't mean shit, especially compared to calf diameter.

Also, in regards to depth questions behind Trey Lance - Cam Miller was a 3 star recruit, one of the higher ever for NDSU.
    I know. Probably doesn’t see the field there either? Poor kid! All things considered, I believe it would’ve benefited the team having that scholarship Fr. QB (can’t recall who they signed instead) in the room during Trey’s Rfr. Year. Also, believe he was “ranked” higher than Trey but lower than Cam.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I thought this was QB U and Randy was the quarterback whisperer?
    Maybe he only whispered into ears of guys who were super talented and their success had nothing to do with him...hmmmmm
    Kind of Like Tyler calling plays for NFL players and then he doesn't have one, and he doesn't know what the hell to do.
    Makes a person think.....
    Randy has been frustrated with Tyler Roehl. Randy is severely hampered by Tyler's inability to call meaningful pass plays. Poor guy is recruiting only QBs who can run and unable to bring in guys who are more like Trey or Carson.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

If Randy gets all the Bison coaches together and starts whispering in their ears, he can do this eh.

Lardsin must go!

This exactly! Hedberg is not the problem here! Roehl is the problem and needs to go. Like others said before our offense is predictable and unimaginable. He has gotten by long enough with superior talent as his crutch. The talent just can’t get it done anymore against the top teams in the FCS. We were lucky to beat UIW and SDSU has us figured out. When Randy leaves our QB room is screwed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    Randy has been frustrated with Tyler Roehl. Randy is severely hampered by Tyler's inability to call meaningful pass plays. Poor guy is recruiting only QBs who can run and unable to bring in guys who are more like Trey or Carson.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    It seems like the "tail is wagging the dog" in Bison coaching staff. Randy Hedberg is frustrated with Roehl as it impacts his QBs. Other coaching staff no doubt are also frustrated by Tyler Roehl and perhaps Matt Entz's inability to right the ship. Seems dysfunctional. Many of the problems seem to revolve around OC and Head Coach. I don't understand - is Matt Entz lacking a spine who can't do what he is hired to do - manage coaching staff dysfunction and make tough decisions? I am just exasperated. I think that if we have the same problem in games result in 2023 schedule, you are going to see a lot of fans bolt, not that we have to win the national championship every single year but that it is just tiresome to see such poor playcalling decisions and recruiting decisions. We need that motivational guy to come back. Surely there are some good OC candidates out there who would be thrilled to work at NDSU.

The best coaching staffs or really any groups of people do best when there is not only a free exchange of ideas BUT also Devil's Advocates are welcome to give ideas. Brain-storming is also a good tool.

Has anyone seen how Cole can do for an entire game with a full playbook. Willing to bet Cole is better than Cam, but these coaches won't give him a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Has anyone seen how Cole can do for an entire game with a full playbook. Willing to bet Cole is better than Cam, but these coaches won't give him a chance.
    Based on what? He's barely thrown and when he has, it hasn't been impressive.
    This cam narrative is complete bullshit. He is as good, if not better than Brock and walker. Because they won the big games and cam hasn't, everybody wants this kids head. Cam was not this years teams problem. And he's went to back 2 back championships and people want him benched. JFC
    Not to mention entz and rohl have went to 3 of the last 4 championships and people want them fired. End of rant.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxHockeyBisonFo View Post
    This cam narrative is complete bullshit. He is as good, if not better than Brock and walker. Because they won the big games and cam hasn't, everybody wants this kids head. Cam was not this years teams problem. And he's went to back 2 back championships and people want him benched. JFC
    Not to mention entz and rohl have went to 3 of the last 4 championships and people want them fired. End of rant.

I'm about as critical as anyone, I just want roehl to go somewhere else for a while so he can learn how to operate a passing game.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxHockeyBisonFo View Post

I agree with you that Cam is not a problem, he’s reliable, but he’s Brock Lite at best.

He could be way better, but the coaches have not given him the opportunity to shine, and that really sucks.

Honestly, with all due respect, if you can’t see issues with coaching, I don’t think we’re watching the same games.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery