Page 80 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

Does anyone really believe Cam would be the 4th Bison QB to be drafted into the NFL? It could be decades before we have another. We have been very fortunate and our fans are spoiled! Our offense has become way too predictable and stagnant. That’s on the coaching staff.

Defensively, in the first game of the year when Drake ran the ball down the field for a TD on their first possession, we should have been worried. Worst Bison defense in well over a decade!

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    If coaching staff believes Payton is truly a special talent, then we should have a QB Competition this Spring/Fall.
    Pre game coach Stig said they planned to "bounce the a gap power and control qb run"
    Basically a disguised way of saying....bison gonna have to win it on Cams arm...
    Will be the recipie in MVC from here on out until proven I'm afraid
    Not all teams have the personnel jacks do.....bison need to at minimum keep wr & te positions stacked
    ....and teach Kobe to protect the ball
    That fumble took what moxie we had out....

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Imagine if we used screen passes to both TEs and RBs. Or maybe some quick slants or some hitch routes. We used to do these plays all the time. Cam can make these throws. We never see them being called. We shouldn’t need to run the ball every time for 4-7 yds. Short passing also opens up long passing. Audible out of a running play if there are 8 in the box rather than running it to run it.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    If coaching staff believes Payton is truly a special talent, then we should have a QB Competition this Spring/Fall.
    I'm not of the belief they possess the ability to actually make the right call. I love Zeb Noland, but in what universe was that competition even close that you had to wait until almost the start of the season? Based on things I have seen, this staff values experience over skill/upside.

With that said, they refuse to let Cole throw. So either that is because he is awful or they are awful. Or both. Based on what I saw Sunday, I'm learning towards it being the staff's fault.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Cole made some nice throws as a high schooler. His college sample size is really small but I can’t see any reason he has regressed. Agree it would be nice to see him throw at this level in a real game sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    Cole made some nice throws as a high schooler. His college sample size is really small but I can’t see any reason he has regressed. Agree it would be nice to see him throw at this level in a real game sometime.
    Well they have let him throw a few times and something bad usually happens so......

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Imagine if we used screen passes to both TEs and RBs. Or maybe some quick slants or some hitch routes. We used to do these plays all the time. Cam can make these throws. We never see them being called. We shouldn’t need to run the ball every time for 4-7 yds. Short passing also opens up long passing. Audible out of a running play if there are 8 in the box rather than running it to run it.
    I didn't get this either. Especially when Cam was struggling. Give him an easy throw that can open things up and build some confidence.

thebigund is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Cole > Cam. we've seen Cams peak. show us Coles Peak!
    But have we seen Jose’s peak?

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Does anyone really believe Cam would be the 4th Bison QB to be drafted into the NFL? It could be decades before we have another. We have been very fortunate and our fans are spoiled! Our offense has become way too predictable and stagnant. That’s on the coaching staff.

Defensively, in the first game of the year when Drake ran the ball down the field for a TD on their first possession, we should have been worried. Worst Bison defense in well over a decade!

Yep we have watched it all year only hope was Frisco mystic

pls stop bumping thread heart can only take so much
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes