Page 78 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

Default Re: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    Did you dingbats not see Cam carving up defenses on the ground?
    Cole > Cam. we've seen Cams peak. show us Coles Peak!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Eh, most of that was against UN_… and Samford… but I agree he is a good runner.

How would he compare to our QBs since Jensen?… I’d put him ahead of Jensen as a passer, behind as a runner, and I think I’d put him behind the rest of them in both categories (not counting Zeb or Quincy).
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Brock had a lot more yards thru his first 3 seasons (~5800), cam has almost 3800. About the same completion percentage. They both played about the same number of games.

But I can get on board that cam is a better passer or at worst he's at least equal to what Brock was. We must have run a ton more plays in Brock's years because he had more rushing attempts and yards than Cam.

One thing Brock had that Cam doesn't is the ability to put the team on his shoulders in those big moments and elevate everyone's play around him. The it factor.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Brock had a lot more yards thru his first 3 seasons (~5800), cam has almost 3800. About the same completion percentage. They both played about the same number of games.

But I can get on board that cam is a better passer or at worst he's at least equal to what Brock was. We must have run a ton more plays in Brock's years because he had more rushing attempts and yards than Cam.

One thing Brock had that Cam doesn't is the ability to put the team on his shoulders in those big moments and elevate everyone's play around him. The it factor.

That seems to be what cam is missing so far. Felt like walker, Brock, wentz, stick and lance. Would make the big play when needed, answer with a drive in key moments and especially game winning drives. So far this has eluded cam. He drives them for game winning drives against uofa and SDSU In the first game I think there is a completely different perception of him by the fans.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post

You think Cam can be an all American. Missouri Valley offensive player of the year?Because I don’t. Also agree. Cam has had chances to win games in the final drive and failed. Brock always came through. in those spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He had some moments on broken plays and QB draws. He's a better runner than I thought. Good in the open field but he's not a guy who will break tackles or need multiple tacklers. I would say he's fast enough but not a threat to score from anywhere like Easton or Trey. He is especially ineffective running off tackle and has poor vision and running instincts. He slows down to a crawl to follow a block and then gets tackled instead of hitting the hole

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    You think Cam can be an all American. Missouri Valley offensive player of the year?Because I don’t. Also agree. Cam has had chances to win games in the final drive and failed. Brock always came through. in those spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brock had a DLine that could lasso the fucking devil and throw him back 10 yards. Leevon Perry, Kyle Emanuel, Travis Beck, Brian Schaetz, Colten Heagle, Christian Dudzik, list goes on. So the opponents had no chance to score more than 10 points. The only opponents who scored more than 10 points were Georgia Southern and Sam Huston TigerCats. Brock had many chances thanks to a Hall of fame D Line.

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    Brock had a DLine that could lasso the fucking devil and throw him back 10 yards. Leevon Perry, Kyle Emanuel, Travis Beck, Brian Schaetz, Colten Heagle, Christian Dudzik, list goes on. So the opponents had no chance to score more than 10 points. The only opponents who scored more than 10 points were Georgia Southern and Sam Huston TigerCats. Brock had many chances thanks to a Hall of fame D Line.
    Completely agree. Cam is taking way too much blame for these losses. But he still didn't come through in either of his chances this year.
    The championship had nothing to do with the offense or cam, that def performance is all that should be talked about. Haven't seen anything like it since the season of the 3-4 defense.

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxHockeyBisonFo View Post
    Completely agree. Cam is taking way too much blame for these losses. But he still didn't come through in either of his chances this year.
    The championship had nothing to do with the offense or cam, that def performance is all that should be talked about. Haven't seen anything like it since the season of the 3-4 defense.

The offense has everything to with the defense struggling. We got the ball first and SDSU had an 8 minute TOP advantage at half. You need long drives to keep the defense fresh and give them time to look at film. 3 and outs kill a defense. Being on the field makes them tired

Obviously a great SDSU defense coupled with Roehl and bad execution had something to do with that. And the defense and special teams was a shit show. So Cam doesnt deserve all the blame. He is part of a collective dog shit marathon

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxHockeyBisonFo View Post

I’m not blaming Cam for anything here. He’s absolutely putting all out there. The D is absolutely the main issue this year, no argument… but the Offense is absolutely underachieving and it’s 100% playcalling…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery