Page 102 of 139 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1384

Thread: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

Default Re: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I think Cam should still start but Cole needs more reps. I like the whole give him a series or 3 instead of a play or 3
    Agree and maybe do this in the first half when it matters now.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    I agree. The idiots saying Cole can’t throw are the same guys that bitched about Brock and Easton. He just needs reps. I spoke with a former Bison and he told me Cole slings it better than Cam in practices he has attended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You're making stuff up and just throwing spaghetti on the wall. I don't recall anyone saying that about Brock. The knock on him was that he seemed incredibly brittle in his first year...which seems absurdly silly now, of course. But most people wanted Brock anyway because he COULD throw and the alternative was Jose, who couldn't.

Nobody really seemed to push back on Easton either. He became a starter way too early and proved he could do it right away. I remember folks being surprised, and knowing that he was a much better runner than passer right away but to say everyone bitched about Easton is hyperbolic.

I agree that Cole needs reps. But it would be just stupid for them to be starter reps. He's been in the system for 3 years and HAS put some stuff on film. His running ability might be the best we've had at NDSU during the D1 era. His passing is even worse than Jose or QP, though, which is saying alot. I hope that I'm wrong about him and that after a few games running the offense by himself from mid 3rd quarter on, he comes into his own.
    Insert something clever here...

I don't predict scores but I will predict this: the two QB rotation is going to be all the rage here until that game where neither is having a good day and then its all going to be about not getting them into a rhythm. That day is coming.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Will we ever get a chance to see what Cole can really do? Or will
    He leave before we see his true potential?

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    I agree. The idiots saying Cole can’t throw are the same guys that bitched about Brock and Easton. He just needs reps. I spoke with a former Bison and he told me Cole slings it better than Cam in practices he has attended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've seen it with my eyes too.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

The pass that Cole threw to Chris Harris was a great pass. Give him some more of those opportunities. I did think they gave him more opportunities, but protection broke down and he had to scrabble and then ended up running. But the way he runs, I don't blame him for taking off right away. Also, that's a problem that Cam has in that he keeps running around after protection breaks down, but he's not fast enough or elusive enough to avoid a deep sack. Cole, on the other can take off and get a first down or touchdown.

Did anyone catch the post-game press conference when Cole W was talking about Cole P and what he's like in practice and he said something to the effect of, "Cole's a really good athlete, he really throws the ball well ..." and then he kind of paused and looked like he had said something he shouldn't have said. It may have been nothing, but to me it seemed like he was giving away a secret that he shouldn't have.

Cole drive vs MSU

1 minute 1 touchdown

Cole 6 yard run
    Cole 15 yard pass to Brozio
    Cole hand off to Kpennu 7 yards
    Cole 17 yard TD RUN

boom that easy and that quick
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Cam was 16 of 20 (80%) with 256 yards passing, 2 passing TD's, 0 INT's, 33 yards rushing on 6 carries (all but 2 were scrambles), with 1 TD rushing.

Yet you keep pushing Cole as being the next coming. Just brilliant.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Cam was 16 of 20 (80%) with 256 yards passing, 2 passing TD's, 0 INT's, 33 yards rushing on 6 carries (all but 2 were scrambles), with 1 TD rushing.

Yet you keep pushing Cole as being the next coming. Just brilliant.
    Cam is having his best season by far.