Page 79 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

Default Re: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I’m not blaming Cam for anything here. He’s absolutely putting all out there. The D is absolutely the main issue this year, no argument… but the Offense is absolutely underachieving and it’s 100% playcalling…
    And I’ll say the word “absolutely” one more time just to make my point more clear.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    And I’ll say the word “absolutely” one more time just to make my point more clear.
    Nothing to do with loss of two future NFL players and two very good starting oline.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxHockeyBisonFo View Post
    Nothing to do with loss of two future NFL players and two very good starting oline.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Ok, it’s 95% playcalling.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I’ll add the reminder that Cam Miller played as a true freshman in the spring season with Trey Lance going on to the NFL. Plus Miller has now played the 2021 and 2022 seasons also.

https://gobison.com/sports/football/...m-miller/17973

So while listed as a Junior for the season just completed, he is actually a Sophomore eligibility wise.
    Trey Lance, Easton Stick, Carson Wentz, Brock Jensen redshirted, Miller did not.
    If Miller and the Coaches were to decide on a Super Senior season, that would be his 5th year, not his sixth.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    I’ll add the reminder that Cam Miller played as a true freshman in the spring season with Trey Lance going on to the NFL. Plus Miller has now played the 2021 and 2022 seasons also.

https://gobison.com/sports/football/...m-miller/17973

So while listed as a Junior for the season just completed, he is actually a Sophomore eligibility wise.
    Trey Lance, Easton Stick, Carson Wentz, Brock Jensen redshirted, Miller did not.
    If Miller and the Coaches were to decide on a Super Senior season, that would be his 5th year, not his sixth.

This is a good perspective. Next year would have been Cams first. Instead Trey left and he has 2.5 years of experience and a ring as a starter

Cam requires a lot of help around him to be successful. He needs absolute studs at the WR position and a dominate OL to be successful. OL faded this year as the season wore on. I agree, Defense was the Bison's biggest issue this year and more specifically the interior DL . We got gashed up the middle all year. I hope we don't ignore this position group ever again. We can't lose one player there and go from being solid there to a glaring weakness. LB's also seemed to have their issues with mis-alignments and fits in the running game most of the year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    Cam requires a lot of help around him to be successful. He needs absolute studs at the WR position and a dominate OL to be successful. OL faded this year as the season wore on. I agree, Defense was the Bison's biggest issue this year and more specifically the interior DL . We got gashed up the middle all year. I hope we don't ignore this position group ever again. We can't lose one player there and go from being solid there to a glaring weakness. LB's also seemed to have their issues with mis-alignments and fits in the running game most of the year as well.
    Don’t forget, and maybe add as #1 the scores of whiffs/missed tackles that we saw from game 1 through the Natty. I can recall at least 2 complete whiffs (airball-like) in the Natty, and I’m guessing there were several more I missed because of angles/people/players in the way.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    Cam requires a lot of help around him to be successful. He needs absolute studs at the WR position and a dominate OL to be successful. .
    Too right. Just like Mark Gronowski and Stetson Bennett eh?
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Don’t forget, and maybe add as #1 the scores of whiffs/missed tackles that we saw from game 1 through the Natty. I can recall at least 2 complete whiffs (airball-like) in the Natty, and I’m guessing there were several more I missed because of angles/people/players in the way.
    Great point CAS. I bitched about this all year. My question is whether this was a result of poor coaching or poor performance. In some cases, I thought it was a lack of fundamentals, which would suggest poor coaching, but in many other situations, I thought the player just wasn't good enough to execute what the coaches wanted. In addition to the bad tackling all year, I thought we were out of position a lot, especially at LB; I assumed this was poor performance by the LB, but maybe it was poor coaching.

If coaching staff believes Payton is truly a special talent, then we should have a QB Competition this Spring/Fall.