Page 53 of 139 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

Default Re: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

Was talking to someone in frisco saturday night who believes that ALL 3 QB's are staying & Coaches will allow ALL 3 QB's to audition for starting job. I found that interesting & might actually benefit Cole Payton to be honest.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Kevin. I spent an hour w coles bro/family in hot tub after game.. pm me for info. your name & this thread was brought up without provocation.... hmmmmm
    Chapo, grandmas, and hot tubs... a formula as tried and true as spaghetti, meatballs, and parmesian.

Was talking to someone in frisco saturday night who believes that ALL 3 QB's are staying & Coaches will allow ALL 3 QB's to audition for starting job. I found that interesting & might actually benefit Cole Payton to be honest.
    Duh. Cole will be a Redshirt Freshman next year. When we signed him, I'm sure he anticipated sitting a few years behind Trey Lance.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Duh. Cole will be a Redshirt Freshman next year. When we signed him, I'm sure he anticipated sitting a few years behind Trey Lance.
    When he signed Trey had already began his NFL prep. When he committed (May 2020) that wasn't a for sure thing but IIRC at that time the draft buzz around Trey and him leaving after the 2020 fall season that never happened was already very string.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    When he signed Trey had already began his NFL prep. When he committed (May 2020) that wasn't a for sure thing but IIRC at that time the draft buzz around Trey and him leaving after the 2020 fall season that never happened was already very string.
    Even if we ignore the Lance thing, he knew there was a guy here who was pretty highly recruited as well.

Then again, look at how FBS guys are doing things these days....oh...I didn't beat out the starter? Guess I'll transfer
    College of Business Alumnus

I'm definitely spooked that CP will leave. Gosh I hope not.
    I am STOKED that QP is staying, but it would have made things alot less stressful in regards to keeping CP.

If CP doesnt get meaningful playing time this fall, I would look out for K-State to poach him. they just got Adrian Martinez for his least year in the transfer portal... after that?? Gotta imagine CP's phone has been ringing

Anyone else's heart drop through the floor when they saw this thread trending?

Just me?
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Minimum8Pete View Post
    I'm definitely spooked that CP will leave. Gosh I hope not.
    I am STOKED that QP is staying, but it would have made things alot less stressful in regards to keeping CP.

If CP doesnt get meaningful playing time this fall, I would look out for K-State to poach him. they just got Adrian Martinez for his least year in the transfer portal... after that?? Gotta imagine CP's phone has been ringing
    Definitely a big concern now with the transfer portal. Maintaining a pipeline at QB is even more difficult.

Somebody open the checkbook and get CP a killer NIL deal lol, we cant lose this kid

he beat Kansas & Montana St so shut your whore mouth.....

dammit now I gotta go find coles grandma
    Because Kansas is a SUPER POWER and Montana State has really been proven a tough program to beat….