Page 54 of 139 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

Default Re: 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

Broseed will pay in safemoon.

Also lakes chilling with grandmas in the hot tub should be made into a bville NFT.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Kevin. I spent an hour w coles bro/family in hot tub after game.. pm me for info. your name & this thread was brought up without provocation.... hmmmmm
    Lakes you can admit it now….you were just in the hot tub with Cole’s Grandma….not his bro/family.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Lakes you can admit it now….you were just in the hot tub with Cole’s Grandma….not his bro/family.
    LOL didn't see Cole's Grandma.... Mom/little brother.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I honestly figured QP would transfer to one of the FCS schools in Illinois (being from the Chicago area). Could have saw him starting at ISU-R, WIU, or Eastern Illinois next season. Which would have led Cole Payton into taking his reps as the running QB that Quincy had been playing the last half of the season. I was perfectly fine with this outcome. For all three of them to be back is great. Something has to give in my mind. All three are too competitive and too talented to sit a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    I honestly figured QP would transfer to one of the FCS schools in Illinois (being from the Chicago area). Could have saw him starting at ISU-R, WIU, or Eastern Illinois next season. Which would have led Cole Payton into taking his reps as the running QB that Quincy had been playing the last half of the season. I was perfectly fine with this outcome. For all three of them to be back is great. Something has to give in my mind. All three are too competitive and too talented to sit a watch.
    Maybe they all have high character and want to play their part in helping their school win another championship?

QP could transfer to Illy State, but then he'd be the qb at Illy State. I'd rather have 5-10 snaps per game at NDSU.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Maybe they all have high character and want to play their part in helping their school win another championship?

QP could transfer to Illy State, but then he'd be the qb at Illy State. I'd rather have 5-10 snaps per game at NDSU.
    Judging someone's character? Time out here. So you are saying that a player has a bad character if they want to improve their chances of starting by transferring to another school? Every person's character is different. It depends on what they want in life. Some want to start, some want to win. I wouldn't be judging anyones character based on transferring. Especially in a world where we have 1,000+ kids in the transfer portal. Hell Georgia's starting corner, hit the portal the day after they won the championship.

I was just saying I wouldn't have been surprised if he would have left. He would have an opportunity to start at one of those schools.

Myself, I am ready to see Cole Payton in some shape or form. I see in my eyes, that he could play QPs role as the running quarterback in our offense as a way to integrate him into our offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    When he signed Trey had already began his NFL prep. When he committed (May 2020) that wasn't a for sure thing but IIRC at that time the draft buzz around Trey and him leaving after the 2020 fall season that never happened was already very string.
    Cole verballed May 5th 2020. Trey declared for the NFL Draft Oct 6th after playing his last game on Oct 3rd. Cole signed the paperwork Dec 18, 2020

So he verballed before he declared and nobody through he would declare. It is still surprising

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post

I agree with the idea here, except for that it implies that CP or QP would have bad character if they chose to leave

Remember, QP CAME HERE... did he show bad character in that decision, but now that hes with us, he's back to being a good character kid again?

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    Judging someone's character? Time out here. So you are saying that a player has a bad character if they want to improve their chances of starting by transferring to another school? Every person's character is different. It depends on what they want in life. Some want to start, some want to win. I wouldn't be judging anyones character based on transferring. Especially in a world where we have 1,000+ kids in the transfer portal. Hell Georgia's starting corner, hit the portal the day after they won the championship.

I was just saying I wouldn't have been surprised if he would have left. He would have an opportunity to start at one of those schools.

Myself, I am ready to see Cole Payton in some shape or form. I see in my eyes, that he could play QPs role as the running quarterback in our offense as a way to integrate him into our offense.
    I quipped earlier in the season that I want a delta formation of Cole, Quincy, Luepke and T Williams. with max tight ends on the field. and see how many times we get their defensive coordinator to call time outs until they let us run the play
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

So if QP comes back for one more season and splits snaps with Cam, if he graduates after next year as a Senior, would CP possibly fill that roll and split snaps with Cam the following year?

CP hasn't used a season of eligibility yet I believe, so next year will be his redshirt freshman year and he could possibly be splitting snaps as a sophomore. That would get somewhat on track to a regular QB progression but requires playing two QB's for the next 2-3 years.