Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cam Hunter is Transferring

Default Re: Cam Hunter is Transferring

Best of luck to Cam. Hate to see him leave.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

https://youtu.be/U0yA3KlfELc

Even Pac 10 Guys recognized Cam Hunter his freshman year in this video. 24 pts off bench 8-11

Cam also put up 35 to single handily win NDSU a game at USD 2 years ago.

watching those 2 game highlights just makes me sick to my stomach what he couldve been for this program
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Good player, sad to see him go.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    https://youtu.be/U0yA3KlfELc

Even Pac 10 Guys recognized Cam Hunter his freshman year in this video. 24 pts off bench 8-11

Cam also put up 35 to single handily win NDSU a game at USD 2 years ago.

watching those 2 game highlights just makes me sick to my stomach what he couldve been for this program
    Tend to agree. After that USC game I was excited to see him play then pretty much nothing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I'd like to know if our rate of players transferring out or quitting is the same at other mid- and low-major programs. Or if it is comparable to other Summit teams. It seems like this happens a lot here, despite team successes.
    Transferring is probably more common around the Mid/small majors than it is at NDSU on average.

This is a big loss. Cam Hunter wasn't a PG in position or play. He's a 2 guard plain and simple. I really don't think much at all of Cook, and can't believe he is going to be the answer at the 2 guard. That would be really surprising. Huge huge loss for NDSU.

While I was hoping to see bigger things out of Cam next year I am ok with him leaving. Cam was entirely to inconsistent as he would have a couple splash games then disappear for long stretches. His upperclassman leadership will be missed but his production will easily be replaced. Best of luck to him wherever he ends up.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Transferring is probably more common around the Mid/small majors than it is at NDSU on average.

This is a big loss. Cam Hunter wasn't a PG in position or play. He's a 2 guard plain and simple. I really don't think much at all of Cook, and can't believe he is going to be the answer at the 2 guard. That would be really surprising. Huge huge loss for NDSU.
    How can you judge Cook? Our sample size has been very limited. Barely played freshman year and redshirted last year. Had a lot of experienced guards in front of him. He was a major recruiting win if I remember right.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post

I think my frustration isn’t necessarily around the numbers, but more so the context of these departures.

1) Cam, Deng and Khy figured to be starters and the team was going to depend on them the next year.
    2) Dylan Miller and Spencer E were starter/heavy rotation guys that were going to give us a lot of minutes before they left.

Three transferred to lesser programs/situations. One quit playing altogether and Deng transferred to an arguably better program. None of these transfers appeared to be about being buried on a depth chart or were transferring up to a major program (similar to a Jabril situation). I’d understand if these were guys looking at riding the pine, but these are guys that when you look at the roster at the end of the previous season you would’ve thought they would play a major role.

Miller did leave because he didn't fit at this level and wasn't going to play hardly at all his senior season. He was awful.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Miller did leave because he didn't fit at this level and wasn't going to play hardly at all his senior season. He was awful.
    Certainly not saying he was any good, just an example of someone in the rotation that flamed out. “Transferred out for his senior season because he didn’t belong at the D1 level” isn’t exactly a great excuse.