Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on 2020 attendance

Default Re: Thoughts on 2020 attendance

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    You don’t think they would just push every schedule out? If all schools do it, wouldn’t that just solve the issue for everyone?
    It would I just don't know if there would be enough solidarity since it would have to be a directive from the NCAA. It would seem at the conference level it would be a lot easier to push schedules back since since the conference makes the schedule and teams (at least in 2 year cycles) have the same number of conference home and road game.

It would be nice if everyone was on board with moving all the schedules back a year though.

Do you think they could hear me yell thru a hazmat suit?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It would I just don't know if there would be enough solidarity since it would have to be a directive from the NCAA. It would seem at the conference level it would be a lot easier to push schedules back since since the conference makes the schedule and teams (at least in 2 year cycles) have the same number of conference home and road game.

It would be nice if everyone was on board with moving all the schedules back a year though.
    Agreed. I could see a simple push back happening at the conference level*, but not everybody's OOC games. Among other things, what does it do to FCS schedules where some seasons are 11 games and some are 12? Can't exactly order the calendar to add another Saturday between Labor Day and Thanksgiving. lol

edit

On second thought, I don't think that will work at all. If every conference had their games on the same weeks, maybe. But at least some conferences(Big Ten) have games early in the season or typically play OOC games late(SEC). I wouldn't be surprised if it's all or nothing for the 2020 season.

I wouldn't go if you paid me a million dollars.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Didn’t even bother renewing my season tickets. Pud home slate of games+ unsure if they’ll even play.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'd be stunned if there were to more than 5,000 at a game before there is a vaccine
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

We will be there, it's not like this is Ebola, life will go on and this to shall pass. We will learn to live with the virus and I bet in a few months the vast majority of the world will also.

Well I'm waiting until June 1 to put in for single game tickets and normally that would have been done a month ago. And I'm not even that paranoid about the virus. I'm in contact every day with people due my job and just take precautions. It's going to be interesting.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

I would go to every home game, Oregon and USD if the season does occur. Too much fear in this country. As long as you are healthy the risk is so very low. Need to change the ending of the national anthem to the land of the lockdown and the home of the scared.

I have already ordered my tickets and will attend if the games are held. I might be wearing a face mask...
    2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2014-2015, 2015-2016, 2017-2018, 2018-2019 National FCS Champions.

Eight is Great!!