Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on 2020 attendance

Default Re: Thoughts on 2020 attendance

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Like expected number of deaths in US.......2,000,000 once a possibility worst case, recently predicted to be 200,000, now down to around 50,000. Also looks like the peak in cases / deaths will occur somewhat sooner than expected. Where have you been?
    The IHME model, updated with the latest data on the 17th, is still predicting 60,308 US deaths. By August 4th. There will be no magical end to the deaths on that date. They will keep coming until and even after we have a vaccine.

The models have been as accurate as they could be at a point in time given the data available at that time. As the data set is enriched the model's accuracy increases.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I understand if you have an existing condition. If not, maybe you should stop driving or riding in a motor vehicle as there is lots of risk with that.
    I'm immunosuppressed. I also have grandparents that are 90, 87, and 84.

Cars are terrible, car culture is miserable, and its still much safer over a lifetime than getting corona.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Like expected number of deaths in US.......2,000,000 once a possibility worst case, recently predicted to be 200,000, now down to around 50,000. Also looks like the peak in cases / deaths will occur somewhat sooner than expected. Where have you been?
    50,000? We'll be there by Saturday. Where have *you* been?

Opening up prematurely is going to be the reason the football season gets cancelled.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    50,000? We'll be there by Saturday. Where have *you* been?

Opening up prematurely is going to be the reason the football season gets cancelled.
    Fantasyland. (With apologies to the late Rodney Dangerfield)

https://youtu.be/ynm34WFJ0aA

I paid for my season tickets and fees. If for some reason the season gets cancelled, do we assume those tickets will be carried over to next season or a refund?

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    I paid for my season tickets and fees. If for some reason the season gets cancelled, do we assume those tickets will be carried over to next season or a refund?
    That's a good question. I'd have to assume they would refund or credit you the ticket price but the question is would they keep the mandatory Team Maker "donation"? I'd have to assume if the football season is cancelled the NDSU athletic department is going to be in a hurtbag for revenue so I'm wondering if they won't say the donation part of the ticket is non-refundable. It would be a small consolation that those fees would then become 100% tax deductible I'm guessing but that won't really matter for a lot people since the standard deduction was raised so much a couple years back.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    Just talked to Kay in the ticket office. She said if the season gets cancelled you would get a refund for tickets and dues.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

should just roll them into next season, Twins/Vikings will be doing that.
    You never wanna give some a chance to not come back
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Just talked to Kay in the ticket office. She said if the season gets cancelled you would get a refund for tickets and dues.
    If they refund all tickets and Teammaker dues, how are they going to fund the athletic department next season? Football pays the bills.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    If they refund all tickets and Teammaker dues, how are they going to fund the athletic department next season? Football pays the bills.
    thank you!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?