Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on 2020 attendance

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Thoughts on 2020 attendance

Assuming NDSU plays football this fall (I do) and fans are allowed and willing to attend games (I do).

What are your thoughts on attendance.

Lakes and i were discussing the other, he is of the attitude stands will be full. (35k waiting list or demand he has talked about I suppose).

I don't think fans will be afraid to attend games, I question whether that is where money will be spent due to the fact most business have been impacted and as a result most fans have had an economic impact. Plus although we will try to return to "new normal" no one knows what that will be for some period of time and saving money or cutting expenses may become the new norm as well.

As for attendance. No clue. 12K, 14K to me would be a fantastic response.

Default Re: Thoughts on 2020 attendance

I can only speak for myself, but we are considering not attending live games until there is a vaccine. Many factors will need to be considered, but I'll bet I'm not the only one.

Might be tough to give away our tickets.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Be watching from by couch or listening on the radio
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Tough to say since our national panic levels change by the minute so who knows what it'll be at then. Assuming the season is played on schedule and there are no restrictions to the number of fans I'd assume there will not be any sellouts. SDSU and/or UND may be pretty full houses but I'll guess that average attendance for the season is more in the 12k range.

Pure shot in the dark though.

If the season is cancelled I hope the 2020 MVFC conference schedule just shifts to 2021 since both UND and SDSU are scheduled to be in Fargo this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Tough to say since our national panic levels change by the minute so who knows what it'll be at then. Assuming the season is played on schedule and there are no restrictions to the number of fans I'd assume there will not be any sellouts. SDSU and/or UND may be pretty full houses but I'll guess that average attendance for the season is more in the 12k range.

Pure shot in the dark though.

If the season is cancelled I hope the 2020 MVFC conference schedule just shifts to 2021 since both UND and SDSU are scheduled to be in Fargo this year.
    I also hope this, but more for the Oregon game than anything...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I also hope this, but more for the Oregon game than anything...
    I think the OOC schedule is probably screwed if this season gets canceled unfortunately since a lot of D1 schools probably already have their 2021 OOC schedule set and those that don't only have a game or two left at most. If it does happen I'd hope that NDSU and Oregon could work out a deal to play the game another year but looking at their future schedules Oregon doesn't have an open OOC date until 2027: https://fbschedules.com/oregon-football-schedule/

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think the OOC schedule is probably screwed if this season gets canceled unfortunately since a lot of D1 schools probably already have their 2021 OOC schedule set and those that don't only have a game or two left at most. If it does happen I'd hope that NDSU and Oregon could work out a deal to play the game another year but looking at their future schedules Oregon doesn't have an open OOC date until 2027: https://fbschedules.com/oregon-football-schedule/
    You don’t think they would just push every schedule out? If all schools do it, wouldn’t that just solve the issue for everyone?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    I can only speak for myself, but we are considering not attending live games until there is a vaccine. Many factors will need to be considered, but I'll bet I'm not the only one.

Might be tough to give away our tickets.
    I’m with you. I will be watching at home. I think infection rates (potential herd immunity?) and any previous exposure that I may have had would also play a role in my decisions. Though, right now, it seems like all of that is still far away with the exception of me getting infected, but I’m not volunteering for that.

IMO we are in the early stages of a peak. I am thinking the peak be around 3rd or 4th week of May and will hold steady for a few weeks after. This is with everyone working from home. When everyone goes back to work the rate will probably increase again. I could see a late FB start around October. I paid for all my tickets but not sure yet if I will attend or not. Yes, I am on the fence. I hear a vaccine is 18 months out, so anyone with underlying health conditions should stay home and avoid large crowds. We need to protect the herd!!!! Just think of the people yelling and the saliva from the people sitting behind you landing on you. Right now I am still heart broken over Cox going to LSU. I really wanted to see him light up Oregon; however, I wish him the best.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Loooots of old bison fans at games (they can actually afford it) with weight/blood pressure/health problems. Attendance will suffer for sure