Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: More Seats taken away from students- available for Season Tix

Default Re: More Seats taken away from students- available for Season Tix

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    I thought you were against small time thinking.

23 oz cans or bust.
    24 oz cans can be purchased at Yankee Stadium. Ndsu football is way more bigtime than NY Yankees!
    College of Business Alumnus

Twickenham Stadium in London let you buy six beers at a time when the Vikings played there in 2017. They even gave you a cup holder to carry them back to your seat.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Twickenham Stadium in London let you buy six beers at a time when the Vikings played there in 2017. They even gave you a cup holder to carry them back to your seat.
    Why, that's was very cricket of them...…..

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I don't have a dog in this fight, I don't really care that much because it's not going to affect how I do my gameday experience, but I honestly don't see a downside to allowing beer sales in the dome. Seems like an easy revenue stream to me.
    Couple of things that could be counted as a downside. The food and beverage vendors are staffed by groups using it as a fundraiser. Mostly high school kids. Kids can't sell alcohol so there might not be as many opportunities for local youth to raise money. Might not be an issue for you, but others may have kids or grand kids that would be affected.

As it is, if you drink too much prior to the game, you have 4 quarters of football to sober up prior to getting in your vehicle to go home. Less chance of getting a DUI, or worse, getting in an accident and killing someone. Won't be an issue if you have a DD.

I'm not saying these outweigh the benefits - just something else to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by PAC Bison View Post
    Couple of things that could be counted as a downside. The food and beverage vendors are staffed by groups using it as a fundraiser. Mostly high school kids. Kids can't sell alcohol so there might not be as many opportunities for local youth to raise money. Might not be an issue for you, but others may have kids or grand kids that would be affected.

As it is, if you drink too much prior to the game, you have 4 quarters of football to sober up prior to getting in your vehicle to go home. Less chance of getting a DUI, or worse, getting in an accident and killing someone. Won't be an issue if you have a DD.

I'm not saying these outweigh the benefits - just something else to think about.
    More people obstructing the view of others while they make beer and piss runs. Not to mention getting more alcohol in their system after drinking all day at tailgate.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by PAC Bison View Post

Yeah, these are good points. Clearly I haven't thought about it much... or my thought process so far has been something like:

"Beer? Sure, Why not!"
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I don't know what all the angst is about. Not everyone at the game is going to guzzle beer. There will be plenty of fans in attendance buying hotdogs, hamburgers, popcorn, pretzels, dippin' dots, etc. Highly doubt Fargo Youth Hockey funding will be impacted by beer sales.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    I don't know what all the angst is about. Not everyone at the game is going to guzzle beer. There will be plenty of fans in attendance buying hotdogs, hamburgers, popcorn, pretzels, dippin' dots, etc. Highly doubt Fargo Youth Hockey funding will be impacted by beer sales.
    Besides, when I drink beer I've gotta have food to go with it. Sales would increase with people like me.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    More people obstructing the view of others while they make beer and piss runs. Not to mention getting more alcohol in their system after drinking all day at tailgate.
    Why stop there?! Lets close down the concessions completely, then almost NO ONE would obstruct my view and would minimize piss breaks! Good thinking 56
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Why stop there?! Lets close down the concessions completely, then almost NO ONE would obstruct my view and would minimize piss breaks! Good thinking 56
    I think it's pretty clear we need to stash a bedpan under every seat in the Dome.