Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: More Seats taken away from students- available for Season Tix

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: More Seats taken away from students- available for Season Tix

Besides the increased revenue, we should be focusing on improving the experience for fans. Let's face it, North Dakotans like to drink beer. A lot. I bet you could average selling 30,000 beers per game at a MINIMUM. At 8 bucks, that's an additional quarter million in revenue 10 games a year. Plus increased fan retention, and perhaps even increased demand for tickets.

And for drawbacks? Maybe a few isolated rowdy fan incidents. But at 8 bucks a beer, and with long lines, it'll be hard to get too drunk over the course of a game. There's more than enough security in the Dome to handle any drunk idiots.

Or maybe our administration knows exactly what it's doing, and the vast majority of other sports venues in the US have it wrong.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How much money did NDSU make by selling at basketball games? And please don't say apples to oranges because I'd really be interested in knowing.

Also how much money does NDSU make on selling concessions at football games?

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    How much money did NDSU make by selling at basketball games? And please don't say apples to oranges because I'd really be interested in knowing.

The Basketball thing with beer was a limited joke (i think ndsu wanted it that way so they can say "see, we told you it wont generate big revenue so we won't do it with football)

sit way up top & drink a beer, couldn't even take it down to seats or order it from a vendor walking up or down.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Welp, pack it up guys. 56 says HE wouldnt want to drink at the dome, so that means no one should be able to decide for themselves whether or not THEY would like to drink at the dome. 56 Knows that virtually NO ONE likes drinking at football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or soccer games across the globe. If you think that someone MIGHT want to drink at a sporting eventH Ha... well, hate to say it, but you are an idiot and should be ridiculed to the full extent of Bisonville harassing"

Seriously 56 did you just suggest that people GENERALLY dont like drinking at sporting events because you wouldnt want to?
    Seriously do you have reading comprehension issues?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Put me in the beer column for no other reason then I don't have to smuggle booze into the FFD. Damn, that gets uncomfortable. Fortunately, I sit beside very cool folks.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Put me in the beer column for no other reason then I don't have to smuggle booze into the FFD. Damn, that gets uncomfortable. Fortunately, I sit beside very cool folks.
    Another good point. With no beer sales, people are more inclined to smuggle in liquor, more booze per volume, which is more likely to lead to excess drinking and puking.

It's difficult to get drunk on beer in 3 hours. Certainly not impossible, but it takes a lot more effort.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Another good point. With no beer sales, people are more inclined to smuggle in liquor, more booze per volume, which is more likely to lead to excess drinking and puking.

It's difficult to get drunk on beer in 3 hours. Certainly not impossible, but it takes a lot more effort.
    Yes, it is difficult, but it can be done...…….it takes a yeoman effort, tho.

Houston I think weve found the problem.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

While drinking more during the game will effect the game day experience for others. Constant runs for beer then the pisser. Drunks becoming drunker.
    People smuggling in booze is pretty small.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post

I would like to know if they thought it was successful. We sometimes enjoyed a beer or wine before the game. If there were more room we might have taken it to our seat. But basketball is really a whole different crowd than football.
    I dont believe I would buy beer at the dome. I drink at tailgate and I am busy yelling at the game
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans