Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: More Seats taken away from students- available for Season Tix

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: More Seats taken away from students- available for Season Tix

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU need to raise MORE student fees for athletics. our athletics give those kids more clout with their diploma, might even raise an eyebrow of an exec in an interview if they are a football fan.

they pay peanuts here at NDSU
    Wait you are saying that because I graduated in 2000 my degree from NDSU is worth more today than it was then because of the football team??

And no I don't think they need to raise any more fees towards students. They are already paying more for 1 year than I did for 4 or 5 years when I was at NDSU.

It's not football but it's just as visible nationally and an eye opener for me: Kansas lowering basketball season ticket prices

This was done in response to the COVID pandemic. Kansas has sold out 306 consecutive games... if they're lowering ticket prices for a commodity as in-demand as KU basketball I'd have to imagine this is something we're going to see across much of college sports since many schools were already seeing attendance declines. Does NDSU football and/or basketball follow suit?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It's not football but it's just as visible nationally and an eye opener for me: Kansas lowering basketball season ticket prices

This was done in response to the COVID pandemic. Kansas has sold out 306 consecutive games... if they're lowering ticket prices for a commodity as in-demand as KU basketball I'd have to imagine this is something we're going to see across much of college sports since many schools were already seeing attendance declines. Does NDSU football and/or basketball follow suit?
    This has to be a reaction from feedback they've received IMO. Not sure that's required at this point at NDSU but if they are not selling out then they need to lower prices until demand is exceeded again. It's pretty simple supply and demand economics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    This has to be a reaction from feedback they've received IMO. Not sure that's required at this point at NDSU but if they are not selling out then they need to lower prices until demand is exceeded again. It's pretty simple supply and demand economics.
    Agree with this take. I think it will depend a lot on what the whole situation looks like when tix go on sale.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

NDSU need to raise MORE student fees for athletics. our athletics give those kids more clout with their diploma, might even raise an eyebrow of an exec in an interview if they are a football fan.

I can't imagine raising student fees on athletics is going to go over too well during a time when student interest in athletics is as low as it has been since....the move to D1 probably?

Jacking up the price on a commodity the students aren't even taking advantage of probably wouldn't be very good optics.

I would think if they were gonna do a noticeable jump in fees, they should have done it when the student body was plump full at football games.
    College of Business Alumnus

Lol one of your dumber posts and that's saying a lot.........

How about we start a fee for jock sniffers and social media trolls like you instead? Has a better chance of happening anyway.

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm so sorry I dared asked the question BUT 15,000 student (I realize less than that right now) raising $1,5 million is $100 for all sports per year. This is not a huge amount per student considering all the athletics perks that go with being a student.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    I'm so sorry I dared asked the question BUT 15,000 student (I realize less than that right now) raising $1,5 million is $100 for all sports per year. This is not a huge amount per student considering all the athletics perks that go with being a student.
    There is zero chance the student fee will be raised. They looked at this not long ago.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    There is zero chance the student fee will be raised. They looked at this not long ago.
    Just over rule the students......how is it they can have all the say. Too bad. Costs money to be DI. If they want small time go attend one of the smaller ND colleges. Crap NDSU has one of the lowest student fees in the US. $100 per year for all the club's and sports is dirt cheap. Maybe if they paid more they would see the need to attend and get their money's worth.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Just over rule the students......how is it they can have all the say. Too bad. Costs money to be DI. If they want small time go attend one of the smaller ND colleges. Crap NDSU has one of the lowest student fees in the US. $100 per year for all the club's and sports is dirt cheap. Maybe if they paid more they would see the need to attend and get their money's worth.
    This argument is boring.