Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
And most students don’t use the movie theater, bowling alley, rec center, pool...

I know everyone loves blowing up Chapo about everything but I agree with him. More visible sports programs absolutely helps out graduates, at least in my case it did. I meet with colleagues and clients all the time that ask about my NDSU polo and ring, comment about being a great program, how cool was it to go to school with Wentz, etc. Damn near everyone immediately after comments about how that’s all they know about ND but it’s something awesome to be known for.
I live in Manhattan. I wear NDSU stuff about once a week. I have gotten a few comments. I don't know that the football program has helped me in any meaningful way. I was at school when Wentz was as well.

Philly folks I run into geek out a bit over the Wentz stuff. But if you were asking me if I'd be cool with telling kids in school now, "hey the football team has done well, their success may potentially help you in the future, therefore you must pay more in fees" I'm not cool with that.

If the kids arent even filling the seats, then why the hell would you increase student funding of the athletics department?