Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: More Seats taken away from students- available for Season Tix

Default Re: More Seats taken away from students- available for Season Tix

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    And most students don’t use the movie theater, bowling alley, rec center, pool...

I know everyone loves blowing up Chapo about everything but I agree with him. More visible sports programs absolutely helps out graduates, at least in my case it did. I meet with colleagues and clients all the time that ask about my NDSU polo and ring, comment about being a great program, how cool was it to go to school with Wentz, etc. Damn near everyone immediately after comments about how that’s all they know about ND but it’s something awesome to be known for.
    I live in Manhattan. I wear NDSU stuff about once a week. I have gotten a few comments. I don't know that the football program has helped me in any meaningful way. I was at school when Wentz was as well.

Philly folks I run into geek out a bit over the Wentz stuff. But if you were asking me if I'd be cool with telling kids in school now, "hey the football team has done well, their success may potentially help you in the future, therefore you must pay more in fees" I'm not cool with that.

If the kids arent even filling the seats, then why the hell would you increase student funding of the athletics department?
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    its amazing how cheap our students are over this... they spent more at chubs/sports bar in 2 months than they do student fees and when they are paying $20k a year, they can surely raise it $100/year and help their college.
    If the students are cheap, what do you consider yourself? Once again, Sammy is ripping on NDSU and proving you're not a fan, much like you never played baseball for the Bison.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I live in Manhattan. I wear NDSU stuff about once a week. I have gotten a few comments. I don't know that the football program has helped me in any meaningful way. I was at school when Wentz was as well.

Philly folks I run into geek out a bit over the Wentz stuff. But if you were asking me if I'd be cool with telling kids in school now, "hey the football team has done well, their success may potentially help you in the future, therefore you must pay more in fees" I'm not cool with that.

If the kids arent even filling the seats, then why the hell would you increase student funding of the athletics department?
    No doubt, it may be different living in Texas because this place is college football heaven so it may not be the same experience for all. The point I’m trying to make is that a successful athletic department is incredibly helpful for a school like NDSU. It makes a city like Fargo a college town, gives people and donors $$$ school pride. There are literally hundreds if not thousands of little programs that student fees help fund and myself as a student probably didn’t use more than 5 of them. I still see the benefits of funding those other programs to help the brand of the university.

Look at it this way, UNDs student fees are like triple NDSU’s when it comes to sports. Most would say UNDs athletic department is not superior to NDSUs. There is justification for raising the student fees which haven’t hardly been risen at all especially in comparison to similar institutions.

Think about what an extra 1.5 million per year would do for our basketball program ($100 increase)

JFC enrollments are down across the country and some of you want to increase student fees for athletics? IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN!!!

Maybe all you people talking about increasing student fees should start upping your donations!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    JFC enrollments are down across the country and some of you want to increase student fees for athletics? IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN!!!

Maybe all you people talking about increasing student fees should start upping your donations!
    $100 is basically a rounding error on one semester’s book fees. Sometimes it’s less than the cost of a book for one class. Raising student fees by $100 would have little to no tangible impact on enrollment. If a student were to leave school to go somewhere else, or choose to go somewhere else, they would find themselves enrolling in a school that likely has much higher student fees.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    $100 is basically a rounding error on one semester’s book fees. Sometimes it’s less than the cost of a book for one class. Raising student fees by $100 would have little to no tangible impact on enrollment. If a student were to leave school to go somewhere else, or choose to go somewhere else, they would find themselves enrolling in a school that likely has much higher student fees.
    Thanks for speaking truth rather than the typical woe is the spoiled average student at NDSU crap. They are in more debt after attending college, not just due to higher tuition costs, but due to their spending habits. Seems many young kids these days like to pass the buck to others regarding their own needs and entertainment. With age and adulthood comes personal responsibility.

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was told I got a job interview in part because of NDSU's football success. Is that silly? Yes. Did it benefit me? Also yes. That said, I love the idea of reducing fees for students if feasible. If an opportunity presents itself to move to a conference that would require more fees and would come with academic benefits as well, then that makes things different in my eyes.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post

You must be one of those tax the rich people. How about people pay for what they get and use. $100 a year........wow, less than 50 cents per day to go to games, have access to 100 plus University clubs, etc. Time to make it at least $1.00 a day.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    I was told I got a job interview in part because of NDSU's football success. Is that silly? Yes. Did it benefit me? Also yes. That said, I love the idea of reducing fees for students if feasible. If an opportunity presents itself to move to a conference that would require more fees and would come with academic benefits as well, then that makes things different in my eyes.
    Reduce fees? WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Careful disparaging Chubs, one of their reps lurks here...
    To be clear- i have no affiliation with Chub’s other than a couple sweatshirts and a lot of memories. I miss it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk