Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 3 women transfer

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 3 women transfer

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Perhaps Stevalhn chose not to come to NDSU, by her own choice. And then does it make sense?
    Well I know that was not the case.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Well I know that was not the case.
    Well then you can tell us why?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I don’t get recruiting at all. We get Epperson over Amber Stevahn from BSC makes no sense. I watched a little bit of her highlights and no where near the player of Stevahn. Stevahn was a first team all American that led the nation in scoring and more. Just weird.
    I’d look at Epperson as being recruited to take Danneka Voegeli‘s spot on the roster. With the 6’ 2” PF/C Voegeli transferring to Mayville for her senior season, the Bison were short on post players, hence the 6’ 2” Epperson as another PF/C.

Another guess is perhaps not all 3 spring transfers off the roster were known well ahead of time. When did Stevahn commit (sign) with Minot?

Does anyone have an update on Kadie Deaton (UNC transfer) status? If I understand it correctly the one time transfer didn’t pass but does she get any special immediate eligibility with only playing a small portion of the 19-20 season??

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    I’d look at Epperson as being recruited to take Danneka Voegeli‘s spot on the roster. With the 6’ 2” PF/C Voegeli transferring to Mayville for her senior season, the Bison were short on post players, hence the 6’ 2” Epperson as another PF/C.

Another guess is perhaps not all 3 spring transfers off the roster were known well ahead of time. When did Stevahn commit (sign) with Minot?
    I was reading the newest Bison Illustrated and they had the 2021-2022 Women's bb roster in it which included Britney Epperson. I was not familiar with the name so I checked on the NDSU site on the WBB roster and she was not listed . Does anyone know what happened? She was not a star last year but she did play.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    I was reading the newest Bison Illustrated and they had the 2021-2022 Women's bb roster in it which included Britney Epperson. I was not familiar with the name so I checked on the NDSU site on the WBB roster and she was not listed . Does anyone know what happened? She was not a star last year but she did play.
    She got some minutes but not a lot. I looked up about 5.2 minutes a game and did not play in 3 games at all.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    She would basically only play when Dietz was in foul trouble and Behnke needed a breather. She was just in the practice video the women's bball twitter account shared a few days ago so I'm wondering if maybe it wasn't just a mix up on the website? Either that or maybe in camp she's fallen behind the two freshman Forde and Hildebrandt and has since decided to leave, haven't seen any news on that though and would seem like an odd time of year to transfer. I'll have to keep an eye out for her at fan night tomorrow and see if she's there.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yes, Brittany was on the roster a week ago, now off. I thought she played some valuable minutes last year, rebounded well. Probably saw herself behind, Dietz, Behnke, Ford, Hildebrandt . . . she's probably right.

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My newest question is this: during the Amy Ruley dynasty years how good was SDSU and USD back then and where during this period time between now and then did NDSU fall so far behind the mix in Womens Basketball recruiting and winning?
    Let's Go Bison!!!

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Yes, Brittany was on the roster a week ago, now off. I thought she played some valuable minutes last year, rebounded well. Probably saw herself behind, Dietz, Behnke, Ford, Hildebrandt . . . she's probably right.
    I asked in another thread but does anyone know what happened to Marie Olson?