Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let the (offseason) fireworks begin

Default Re: Let the (offseason) fireworks begin

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I don't think they could have stopped Towson's run game. EWU would have boat raced them. EWU would have scored 50+. SDSU wasn't good enough at the time for SHSU2. JSU was a decent team...they just ran into a team possessed. SDSU has never played like NDSU did. Never. I don't think SDSU could have stopped their option attack...not to mention their southern speed. JSU probably would have been their best chance...but I would still have taken them by two TDS. SDSU away from home...not good for teh bunnies.
    I don’t necessarily agree with this take, but damnit, I want it to be true so I’m just gonna go with that.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Completely disagree. I don't think they could have hung with any of the teams we've played in the NC. Not one. I would guess each one of them would have beaten SDSU by at least 14. SDSU plays like crap far from home...and has had a history of pissing themselves in big games.

You think they lose to those SHSU teams?
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    You think they lose to those SHSU teams?
    2018 SDSU woulda beat EWU

2019 SDSU gave us a better game than JMU but of course was annihilated by injury late in the season.

2020 SDSU might be really good if they can stay healthy but NDSU is unfortunately going to be in GOAT mode and there isn't going to be a season anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

From my count the only years NDSU knocked them out of the playoffs where 12,13,16 and 18 as if that's not enough

So that would be:

2012 SHSU2
    2014 ISU Red
    2016 Youngstown - because the Jackboys where on our side obviously they would have had to beat JMU to even have a chance to beat Youngstown in Frisco
    2018 EWU

So my take is they maybe beat SHSU2 although I don't remember SDSU in 2012.
    ISUr runs all over them.
    I don't believe they would have made it past JMU to even get to the Chipper.
    EWU walks away laughing

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't think they could have stopped Towson's run game. EWU would have boat raced them. EWU would have scored 50+. SDSU wasn't good enough at the time for SHSU2. JSU was a decent team...they just ran into a team possessed. SDSU has never played like NDSU did. Never. I don't think SDSU could have stopped their option attack...not to mention their southern speed. JSU probably would have been their best chance...but I would still have taken them by two TDS. SDSU away from home...not good for teh bunnies.
    I agree. Jacks don’t play to their potential in playoffs. Also I think people under rate 2011 SHSU and 18 EW. SH had a legit stud D in 11 and a good offense. Jacks would have stood zero chance. 18 EW beats any other team not named NDSU

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I agree. Jacks don’t play to their potential in playoffs. Also I think people under rate 2011 SHSU and 18 EW. SH had a legit stud D in 11 and a good offense. Jacks would have stood zero chance. 18 EW beats any other team not named NDSU
    I don't understand why everyone thinks 2018 EWU was so great. IMO it was one of the worst teams NDSU played in the championship.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    I don't understand why everyone thinks 2018 EWU was so great. IMO it was one of the worst teams NDSU played in the championship.
    they were better than Towson
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

SDSU wasn’t going to beat GSU in semis in 12, or 11 for that matter. Imho 18 or 13 would have been best chance for them.

Quote Originally Posted by 99Bison View Post
    SDSU wasn’t going to beat GSU in semis in 12, or 11 for that matter. Imho 18 or 13 would have been best chance for them.

This is a really valid point. I completely forgot about GSU. Happy for their programs success but man I wish they'd stuck around FCS.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    I felt like they shot themselves in the foot a lot. They scored easily on us at times. I think that could have been a close game