Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let the (offseason) fireworks begin

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Let the (offseason) fireworks begin

Hero sports article on realignment. We ditch the Fawkers...again. EWU left out in the dark. Flyover Conference, cool idea.
    https://herosports.com/college-footb...cs-merger-ahah

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Let the (offseason) fireworks begin

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Hero sports article on realignment. We ditch the Fawkers...again. EWU left out in the dark. Flyover Conference, cool idea.
    https://herosports.com/college-footb...cs-merger-ahah
    About the only place for them would be the Northern Sun.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MinotBison View Post
    About the only place for them would be the Northern Sun.
    It’s very unlikely that und would be left out if a conference that included the other 3 Dakota schools. But und would at least understand the concept, with what the they and the NCHC is doing to Mankato.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    It’s very unlikely that und would be left out if a conference that included the other 3 Dakota schools. But und would at least understand the concept, with what the they and the NCHC is doing to Mankato.
    That breakdown included leaving USD in FCS. In that case I'd see no reason to drag the corpse of the Fighting Sioux with us.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

It was an entertaining read! The only thing I dont like about this completely hypothetical and never-gonna-happen idea, is that we get like 0 FBS teams in our conference. Its essentially the MVFC p;us northern Illinois and the montanas.

Still fun, and IF IT COULD HAPPEN (and I know it wont), I could see a world where NDSU SDSU actually become fairly relevant nationally. Nothing crazy, but I think BOTH could be app state-esque. I think we would do it in 1-3 years, and SDSU could do it 3-5 years. Fun to daydream

Hell, I think the montanans could make some noise too. I think all four of the schools have some very very FUN aspects to their football scenes that could make a splash nationally if the right dominoes fell
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    It was an entertaining read! The only thing I dont like about this completely hypothetical and never-gonna-happen idea, is that we get like 0 FBS teams in our conference. Its essentially the MVFC p;us northern Illinois and the montanas.

Still fun, and IF IT COULD HAPPEN (and I know it wont), I could see a world where NDSU SDSU actually become fairly relevant nationally. Nothing crazy, but I think BOTH could be app state-esque. I think we would do it in 1-3 years, and SDSU could do it 3-5 years. Fun to daydream

Hell, I think the montanans could make some noise too. I think all four of the schools have some very very FUN aspects to their football scenes that could make a splash nationally if the right dominoes fell

Best thing that could happen to SDSU is for us to move up first. I could see the Fighting Stigs winning at least one title going forward.

Hell, they probably would have won 2-3 in our stretch if they didn't get sent to the executioner in Fargo every year.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Best thing that could happen to SDSU is for us to move up first. I could see the Fighting Stigs winning at least one title going forward.

Hell, they probably would have won 2-3 in our stretch if they didn't get sent to the executioner in Fargo every year.
    Completely disagree. I don't think they could have hung with any of the teams we've played in the NC. Not one. I would guess each one of them would have beaten SDSU by at least 14. SDSU plays like crap far from home...and has had a history of pissing themselves in big games.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Completely disagree. I don't think they could have hung with any of the teams we've played in the NC. Not one. I would guess each one of them would have beaten SDSU by at least 14. SDSU plays like crap far from home...and has had a history of pissing themselves in big games.
    Yeah, it's totally different playing NDSU close when you've been preparing for them year-round for a decade than it is to play against a championship-caliber team that you aren't familiar with.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I bet they'd have 1-3 nattys at this point if we dont bounce them out of the playoffs a hundred times.

Here's what I'm thinking
    Guaranteed Losses:
    SHSU1
    JMU1
    JMU2
    ISUr

Guaranteed Wins:
    Towson

Coin Flip Games:
    EWU
    SHSU2
    JSU
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I bet they'd have 1-3 nattys at this point if we dont bounce them out of the playoffs a hundred times.

Here's what I'm thinking
    Guaranteed Losses:
    SHSU1
    JMU1
    JMU2
    ISUr

Guaranteed Wins:
    Towson

Coin Flip Games:
    EWU
    SHSU2
    JSU
    I don't think they could have stopped Towson's run game. EWU would have boat raced them. EWU would have scored 50+. SDSU wasn't good enough at the time for SHSU2. JSU was a decent team...they just ran into a team possessed. SDSU has never played like NDSU did. Never. I don't think SDSU could have stopped their option attack...not to mention their southern speed. JSU probably would have been their best chance...but I would still have taken them by two TDS. SDSU away from home...not good for teh bunnies.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]