Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting five for 20-21

Default Re: Starting five for 20-21

It will be interesting to see who steps up to be the guy that you trust to get you points when you need them and gets it done. Who do you give the ball to down 2 with 10 seconds to go. You have to have that on the team and if you have one or two of them the rest of the team will follow. It is wide open as to who's team it will be and it is going to be fun to watch who grows into that role.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Cam
    Sam
    Rocky
    Tyree
    Malik
    This. 10char.

Edit: Unless Carter can come in and have a Shahid type effect.
    Last edited by ndsubison1; 03-25-2020 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    I think we’ll see a lot of 4 guards next year...

Starters
    Hunter
    Knotek
    Eady
    Greisel
    Kreuser

2nd Team

Carter
    Cook
    Christensen
    Harden-Hayes
    Witz

Wilson sits
    Were deeper than I think most ppl will realize

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Carter should be ready to step into Vinnie’s shoes. I expect . . .

1) Carter / Cook
    2) Cam / Skunberg
    3) Tyree / Knotek
    4) Sam / Hays
    5) Rocky / Witz / Noah

If Cam is the primary ball handler, not good IMO. He needs to be at the 2, with Carter and Cook at the 1.

The question, where are the points going to come from, who steps up. Can Cam move to a 14 ppg scorer. I think Skunberg could surprise, and Eady and Hays need to score.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post

1) Carter / Cook
    2) Cam / Skunberg
    3) Tyree / Knotek
    4) Sam / Hays
    5) Rocky / Witz / Noah

If Cam is the primary ball handler, not good IMO. He needs to be at the 2, with Carter and Cook at the 1.

The question, where are the points going to come from, who steps up. Can Cam move to a 14 ppg scorer. I think Skunberg could surprise, and Eady and Hays need to score.

That is pretty good recap. I think Carter's/Cook's development will be super important. The past 10 years when we have good PG play, we are good when we have mediocre guard play we have been closer to a .500 club.

I think that Skunberg will play next season and not redshirt. He comes in with a scorers mentality and we will need that. I am not sure how many guys on the future roster can consistently win one on one battles that Vinnie or Ward won this past year.

The main playmakers are going to be Carter, Cam and Skunberg. Cam did not score very much the last 10 games of the conference season this past year (he was 10 for 43 from the field the last 10 games of the year).

I see Sam (3 point percentage was 27%) /Hays as more slashers,
    Rocky pick and pop from 3 (250 total shots 130 were 3s - 33%),
    Eady (164 shots last year - 80 were 3s)/Knotek (took 53 shots and 43 were 3s) are more spot up 3 point shooters.

i dont have a good feeling.
    Cam's best attribute is street ball and open flowing game and coaching style hampers that.
    same with cook, MHH, Eady, noah, boden.

These are not going to be structered offensive players that dave wants or huge defensive guys.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    i dont have a good feeling.
    Cam's best attribute is street ball and open flowing game and coaching style hampers that.
    same with cook, MHH, Eady, noah, boden.

These are not going to be structered offensive players that dave wants or huge defensive guys.
    You obviously didn’t pay attention last year we didn’t have structured offensive player

Dumber everyday
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    That is pretty good recap. I think Carter's/Cook's development will be super important. The past 10 years when we have good PG play, we are good when we have mediocre guard play we have been closer to a .500 club.

I think that Skunberg will play next season and not redshirt. He comes in with a scorers mentality and we will need that. I am not sure how many guys on the future roster can consistently win one on one battles that Vinnie or Ward won this past year.

The main playmakers are going to be Carter, Cam and Skunberg. Cam did not score very much the last 10 games of the conference season this past year (he was 10 for 43 from the field the last 10 games of the year).

I see Sam (3 point percentage was 27%) /Hays as more slashers,
    Rocky pick and pop from 3 (250 total shots 130 were 3s - 33%),
    Eady (164 shots last year - 80 were 3s)/Knotek (took 53 shots and 43 were 3s) are more spot up 3 point shooters.
    Agree with your assessment of Skunberg...this kid can really play. I see him as NDSU's answer to SDSU's Friedel. Same mentality. Same drive to win. I don't think you can leave him on the bench next season with that many buckets graduating.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post

1) Carter / Cook
    2) Cam / Skunberg
    3) Tyree / Knotek
    4) Sam / Hays
    5) Rocky / Witz / Noah

Lets hope that is the case with Carter. If so, we'd be in a pretty good position. I think Skunberg likely redshirts. May need a year to get stronger. Cam can play the 1 or 2. Cook is more of a 2/3. Scoring next year will be a group effort, similar to the year after LA left.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    You obviously didn’t pay attention last year we didn’t have structured offensive player

Dumber everyday
    They weren't allowed to get up the court and run and gun is my point. I think in 30 games we had 10 breakaways. maybe.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?