Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting five for 20-21

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Starting five for 20-21

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    ok. lets put that athletic lineup i posted up there and go after things next year, bring some excitement!
    I watched the ESPN replay of our games a couple of times and listened to Bryce Drew’s take on NDSU’s half court sets, which he was a big fan of. Vinnie was dictating the play, we were making the defense work for 30, and we were getting what WE wanted each time down. Bryce was comparing it to UND’s half court sets and it was game over. The guys analyzing the actual game don’t share your “scrap the structured offense and run the break and GMA” opinion. GMA is what my HS coach called when we got out of our sets and did whatever.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    ok. lets put that athletic lineup i posted up there and go after things next year, bring some excitement!
    You people do realize that both the football team and basketball teams practically play the same style right?

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    You people do realize that both the football team and basketball teams practically play the same style right?
    Is that why WBB has such a high turnover rate? They aren't dribbling, same as the football team?

Same style as Football? . . . no, not really.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Is that why WBB has such a high turnover rate? They aren't dribbling, same as the football team?

Same style as Football? . . . no, not really.
    Who was talking about Women's basketball in the men's forum?

And yes this year's men's team played very similarly to many football teams we've had around here. Long drawn out possessions, most of the time high quality smart decisions on offense to take advantage of mismatches, taking care of the ball on offense, valuing each possession, most of the time stifling defense, getting/forcing turnovers. Ok help me out, which team am I describing because it kind of sounds like both of them and they've both been doing it for a while now. You guys want to crap on Richman's system, well we see it and applaud it from August thru January every year. Now it may be a necessity on the basketball end due to recruiting, etc but it is practically the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Who was talking about Women's basketball in the men's forum?

And yes this year's men's team played very similarly to many football teams we've had around here. Long drawn out possessions, most of the time high quality smart decisions on offense to take advantage of mismatches, taking care of the ball on offense, valuing each possession, most of the time stifling defense, getting/forcing turnovers. Ok help me out, which team am I describing because it kind of sounds like both of them and they've both been doing it for a while now. You guys want to crap on Richman's system, well we see it and applaud it from August thru January every year. Now it may be a necessity on the basketball end due to recruiting, etc but it is practically the same thing.
    Some good parallels between FB and MBB there, agreed. No complaints here on Richman and his system. I’m the one that has urged that the silly “Richman has run this program into the ground” thread is an insult to the program and should be closed. He wins 25 games, conf championship, and back to back NCAA berths . . . Close the thread.

And WBB which has had some crazy high Turnover number, playing like football (not dribbling) was a joke (ha ha). Lighten the hell up maybe.

Skunberg gonna tear it up. Lets go!
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Skunberg gonna tear it up. Lets go!
    Agreed, give Skunny the keys and see if he can drive the car next years.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My thoughts are:

Carter/Cam
    Cam/Knotek/Cook
    Sam/MHH
    Eady/Noah
    Rocky/Witz/Wilson

I think both Skunberg and Nelson are gonna be absolute studs but I think both should redshirt as the way Dave tightens the rotation down the stretch the minutes just won't be there to use up a year of eligibility. Just my thoughts I guess

What I like about this is I could see several different possibilities. Knotek has the potential to be a pretty good player with his shooting and athleticism. Too bad we didnt redshirt him as a frosh. Cook I think has upside. Harden-Hayes has length and can guard almost any position. What can he provide offensively? Carter if he comes in and gives instant impact, could be starting at the 1. But does the coaching staff keep Cam at the 1 in that situation? Depends how good DC is.

I kinda hope we see both Skunberg and Nelson redshirt. Im very sure Nelson will. Think we have enough depth for them to do so.

Dream Scenario for PG solution:

Source: North Carolina freshman Jeremiah Francis is transferring out of Chapel Hill.

The Pickerington Central graduate is looking for a new home, at any level, in any conference.

Francis played in 16 games this year, averaging 3.3 points, 1.3 rebounds and 1.6 assists per game