Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit League Transfer Portal

Default Re: Summit League Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Kind of unfortunate what's happening to Rebraca. He's an international student and the master's program he planned to take at UND is going online-only this fall. Current US student visa rules require students to take at least some in-person classes. As a result, he either has to change his master's program to stay at UND or transfer to a different school to get the degree he wants.
    Tough situation for Rebraca. I hope he finds a good school (academically) with his master's program that also has a decent basketball team. I like the way he plays.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I know. But that wasn't my point...my point was it's basically free agency and since it's not the NBA, it's minor league. To me, part of the appeal is watching actual college kids who go to school grow up as individuals and as a team. A transfer here or there was one thing, but it's become crazy. It's just not appealing to me. Just my opinion.
    That's is true but the NFL and NBA have been using college athletics as minor leagues for years. The transfer portal seems to have made transferring much easier because they are in centralized database and easier to find. Allowing 1 free transfer for each student athlete will only make it worse.

I get it though from a student athlete perspective. If they find themselves in a situation that isn't good for them they want a better situation. It's not always to make it to the professional level. I have two good friends who has sons that played college sports. One started at an NAIA school, transferred after 1 year to a junior college and finished 2 years at another NAIA school. The other started at IU but last year transferred to Eastern Kentucky (NDSU was strongly considered). Neither are serious professional prospects but they are using athletics to get an education. But they also want to find the right place to be competitors.

Ultimately I think excessive transferring will contribute to the end of college athletics as we know it. Time will tell.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Coyotes may lose big gun

Jay Elsen
    @ElsenMidcoSN

Not a shocking development here. Based on the reported response for guys like Northern State’s Parker Fox and Kansas City’s Brandon McKissic, Umude (20.4 ppg, 7.3 rpg in 20-21) will surely receive a ton of high profile interest. Stay tuned.

Verbal Commits
    @VerbalCommits

PORTAL: South Dakota F Stanley Umude (SR) has entered. Grad transfer. https://verbalcommits.com/players/stanley-umude

he gone.....
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    he gone.....
    Lakes lives!

Many choices

Jay Elsen
    @ElsenMidcoSN
    ·Mar 29

In the three days since he entered his name in the transfer portal, South Dakota’s @StanleyUmude_ says he has received offers from Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Kansas, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, TCU, UNLV and USC.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Many choices
    At least 7 of those teams were in the Dance...……..and more offers probably coming in...…….nice cards to draw to.

if Umude has those. Max & Obaner will be looking at Zaga, Baylor, Michigan, Kansas for gosh sakes

Robert Jones
    @robbyj1415

Thank you to the University of Denver for accepting me and for a great two years of growth and friendship. I’ve decided to further my career at Iowa State. Excited to start this new chapter of my journey.
    6’ 9” big from the Twin Cities originally

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    6’ 9” big from the Twin Cities originally
    good upgrade for him

umude, obaner, max will be at power 5 schools too